MSN Messenger Problems???

C

contender

Guys my beef today is with Msn Messenger! I cannot Voice or Video Conference with anyone! I am running windowsXP Pro on an Athlon1133, with 256 megs of ram, Creative Riva TNT 16meg video card, Sound Blaster PCI512 and Logitech Quickcam Express. I can Video and Voice Conference with anyone on Yahoo Messenger. ICQ is no prob either although I can't speak as to whether Video would since I understand ICQ doesn't offer that yet. Plz help guys? If ya want more info, just reply.

I have the same problems with MSNM. It's due to my ISP's setup.

Same here.

I have the same problem.. If its due to my ISP, I think its pretty funny @#$..
My ISP is MSN.
figures..
H.

Have you downloaded the MS messenger updates from windows update? there was a critical patch, then there was a patch for audio and video

I don't use the built-in XP firewall, but I do use a firewall - Sygate personal firewall. I have tried it with the firewall on and off and no difference. I have also done all the critical updates that there were on the Windows Update site.

You need to make sure that both you, and the person you are trying to talk to, are unfirewalled. Or at least, that the ports you are looking to use are free.

None of the people I connect to are firewalled! And like I said I have tried turning mine off during our connection period, but no such luck.

Hey bud

Do you have a router...... I had probs with this when I set my router up........ but it works fine now that the firmware has been upgraded.

flack...:D

No man I do not have a router/hub. I just thought of something though, since XP came out I know there have been many security issues and patches or workarounds and most of them that I see I tend to apply to my system. Would certain holes in XP and their patches to fix them have anything to do with my Msn Messenger not working?

You do realize that you can only use the video and audio functions of Window Messenger with other users that also have XP. If the person that you are wanting to see or hear doesn't have XP then you would need to use Netmeeting with them, or use another video chat program.

I am aware that it only works with XP which I think sucks in my opinion, but my problem still exists. My friends with XP I can't connect to. I am also having a problem with netmeeting sometimes. Yahoo messenger works fine with anyone I connect with. It seems to be the M$ products that I have problems with.

Hey Bud

What firewall app are you running..... zone alarm needing tweaking on my system to get msn to work proper.

flack...:)

I use Sygate Personal Firewall, but I have tried it both with the Firewall off and on and there's no difference. Sometimes though it will say "connecting" at the bottom left hand corner for quite some time and then just cancel. Like Isaid Yahoo works fine with the firewall on and so does many other programs.

same problem

netmeeting works, windows messenger doesn't. tiny personal firewall, but even before i had it installed messenger still didn't work. linksys BEFxxx (same one everyone else has, 4 port cable/dsl router plus switch). latest firmware. all the 4.6 messenger updates, messenger plus

conclusion: messenger is stupid.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back