MSN Messenger for Mac OS X

X-Istence

Political Access
How can i disable the annoying promo pane that is in MSN Messenger? I know it was disabled before, but now the option is grayed out in MSN messenger when i got to disable it.

I think that usually only comes available if you have Office:Mac installed

Hrm. Time to figure out how it knows that is installed or not. Anyone have Office:Mac installed?

With version 4.01 Microsoft decided that all it's Mac Messenger users should be forced to see the ad, and have therefore turned off the ability to hide the Promotional Pane.

I have Office:Mac though I havent reinstalled it since I reloaded Tiger to clear out some detritous and I dont plan to install it until I really need it

I'd want someone to ktrace the MSN messenger binary, and then send me the ktrace.out that is created, so i can kdump it, and see what it is doing compared to my version.

X-Istence said:
I'd want someone to ktrace the MSN messenger binary, and then send me the ktrace.out that is created, so i can kdump it, and see what it is doing compared to my version.
Seems like alot of trouble. I would be lazy and just use a 3rd party client. :p

Xie said:
Seems like alot of trouble. I would be lazy and just use a 3rd party client. :p

Have not found a third party client i like.

X-Istence said:
Have not found a third party client i like.
I havn't tried it w/ MSN but Adium really isn't that bad. They have tweaked/fixed a bunch of stuff in the new .8x version(s).

have adium fixed it so that you can actually have a nickname now, instead of just your email address??

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back