MSN Messenger 6.2 is out.

Those games never work for me, it will say "Unable to Start Hexic". The invitations work but after I get that error. grrr :mad: :mad: :mad:

wadada said:
thats your own fault, messenger plus contains no spyware if you install it the right way, when you install it you have to deselect the option install the sponsor, so NOT install the sponsor and you have no spyware at all :) !
I love messenger plus and use it for few years now and never gave me any problems.

On the newest version I think they removed to option to get rid of the spyware. I just installed it, did a custom install, and there was no options to get rid of it.

Took me 15 minutes to get rid of all the crap it puts on your system as Adaware / Spybot won't even dectect some of the stuff.

I kno for the ver I have, it looks like a service agreement. I clicked the top pne without reading the first time and it installed all the crap. Then after I realized what it was. hehe

I just received notification that there's an update for Messenger Plus available! I did not download it - as I have not installed MSN Messenger 6.2 yet!

Just thought I'd pass the info on!

Luna said:
On the newest version I think they removed to option to get rid of the spyware. I just installed it, did a custom install, and there was no options to get rid of it.

Took me 15 minutes to get rid of all the crap it puts on your system as Adaware / Spybot won't even dectect some of the stuff.

Hurrah, maybe I'm not a spakker! I generally do custom installs and look for spyware in things like MSGplus, and didn't see an option. I thought maybe this time I had just skipped through the important "Untick this" options...

Many of you may have seen MSN Messenger 6.2 posted on the main MSN Messenger site, then later removed and swapped for the old one.

An update to our story from yesterday on MSN adding four paid online games to its stable of subscription-based offerings: Looks like a last-minute glitch has resulted in Microsoft postponing the availability of its MSN Messenger 6.2 update. "The (new) games have already begun to roll out today on the 6.1 client, and many consumers will already have access tonight (Thursday evening)," an MSN spokeswoman said. "However, the 6.2 client is currently on hold." The new target for 6.2 is Monday.

for the last time, choose the option too not install the sponsor, then you have no spyware or other things, and dont tell me you not got this option, pay attention and read people, i discussed this also 1 and two years ago and people still ask questions about it, really unbelievable.

nosponsor.jpg

for the last time, choose the option too not install the sponsor, then you have no spyware or other things, and dont tell me you not got this option, pay attention and read people, i discussed this also 1 and two years ago and people still ask questions about it, really unbelievable.

selectsponsor.jpg

nosponsor.jpg

Me waiting patiently for MSG Plus 3 ;) (but MsnM 6.2.0133 already downloaded for a few days now ;) )

I'lll wait for Plus 3 as well. and i'm gonna format my system i a few days so not much point installing it now :)

oh and way to hammer it home wadada :)

Khayman said:
I'll wait for Plus 3 as well. and i'm gonna format my system i a few days so not much point installing it now :)
Hey, you mentionned one thing I forgot to ;)
I will format my system as well, very soon (1st week of May) in order to have my system on a brand new Maxtor 120Go HDD and add a TV Tuner (Leadtek TV2000 XP Deluxe) and replace my old SBLive Player with an Audigy 2 ZS :D

Howling Wolf said:
Hey, you mentionned one thing I forgot to ;)
I will format my system as well, very soon (1st week of May) in order to have my system on a brand new Maxtor 120Go HDD and add a TV Tuner (Leadtek TV2000 XP Deluxe) and replace my old SBLive Player with an Audigy 2 ZS :D

The Audigy 2 ZS Is good i have it

Welcome back, MSN Messenger 6.2!

For your information, MSN Messenger 6.2 (build 0133) has been made available again on the official homepage. Since this is the same build as released last Thursday, there's still no sign of animated avatars dubbed Deluxe Display Pictures in the help files Timothy discovered early March. These are probably delayed until the service (which I guess will be subscription-based) is completely secure & operational. Here's a quick resume again of the changes compared to 6.1:

- Autoreplacement of emoticon shortcuts before sending;
- Contact list icon for mobile buddies & group mobile contacts together;
- New name (and icon) for the Launch Site: Fun & Games;
- Four new subscription-based fun & games available to U.S. users only for $4 or $5 per month.
- Integrated connection troubleshooter;
- MSN Toolbar & MSN Search installation upon setup (uncheck to avoid);

No one here mentionned that MSG Plus was updated on 22nd april to version 2.54.75 and IS COMPATIBLE with Msn Messenger 6.2.0133; works fine together here ;)

I thought I did mention it on April 24th already!:D

damnyank said:
I just received notification that there's an update for Messenger Plus available! I did not download it - as I have not installed MSN Messenger 6.2 yet!

Just thought I'd pass the info on!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back