MSN Icon in the systray

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Tw@, Mar 31, 2002.

1. Tw@

Tw@ Guest

Does anyone know how I get my little MSN butterfly icon to appear in my systray at start up. Right now Im having to start up from my start menu and I dont want a shortcut on the desktop.

Once I start it from the start menu the icon appears but will disappear again after I shut down my computer.

Any ideas?

TIA

2. AmarSingh

AmarSingh Guest

if i understand correctly, you want msn explorer to start when u start windows. To do this, place a copy of the shortcut to the program file in the startup folder.

3. Tw@

Tw@ Guest

Thank you for the reply

but that wasnt what I was looking for.
    Although by putting MSN Explorer in the start-up folder you do get the icon in the system tray when you boot up. Windows XP attempts to fire up the MSN explorer browser at start up and without having an internet connection (being that MSN isnt an ISP) that isnt possible and only serves to slow down my systems initialisation process at start-up.
    I want the icon to appear in the system tray only, for my own convenience in the same way as MSN Messenger does by default.

again thank you for the reply.

4. Qumahlin

Qumahlin Moderator

Don't think your gonna be able to do it man..sorry. There is a program that you can get with TweakXP called Minimizer XP that will put any program in the systray. but I'm not sure if it allows you to set a program to load there. Usually unless a program supports loading itslef into the systray before connect it's hard to do :(