MSN 7 - Official yo!

Well I did get mine working, no problems after getting it to function, my firewall had a reaction with it, so fixed firewall and it's off and running.

Seems o.k., I see it as an upgrade for free from 6.2, as I won't subscribe to it's features or buy anything.

yup lee same here its pretty nice, the only thing that i wish though is that the now playing thing works with winamp, i know i can use 3rd party adons to do it but it wont show up with the head phones and the way that it does if u play it on windows media player, hmm maybe someone will come up with a patch maybe mess.be cuz they had a patch for the beta that did some cool stuff

zeke_mo said:
We weren't talking about AIM johnny.... We were discussing MSN and multi platform chat clients

I know that .. I was making a point that AIM installs more adds and makware than MSN, which is what the post stated that I replied to.

Mess Patch 7.0.0777

Allows you to patch MSN Messenger 7.0.0777 (final release) with the following options:
  • enable polygamy
    [*]install custom games
    [*]disable nudges
    [*]remove add contact label
    [*]remove msn search bar
    [*]remove banner ad
    [*]remove msn today button
    [*]fix nickname length
    [*]remove white (text ad) space from conversation windows
    [*]distinguish Idle from Away status (English version only)
    [*]remove MSN logo (from main and conversation window)
    [*]remove premium services (what's hot)
    [*]remove conversation window search button
    [*]remove email button, remove my space button
    [*]remove all contact card buttons
    [*]disable nudge protection
    [*]remove user is writing message
    [*]remove Winks/packs and/or nudges buttons
    [*]change handwriting tab images to text
    [*]multi-language support (catalan, danish, dutch, english, french, portuguese, brazilian portuguese, spanish, swedish, and traditional chinese) [*]enable/remove Winamp support in Personal Messages
    [*]clicking your MSN Display Picture in the main window opens the display [*]picture dialog (like it used to)
    [*]fixed packs button removal bug

NEW in version 7.0.0777: boost Personal Messages to 500 characters, remove blocked extensions in file transfers, remove font button, remove backgrounds button, swap now playing artist and song title when using iTunes, version check for backups (bug fix) and 7 new languages!

http://www.mess.be/

i wouldnt trust anything that comes from mess.be i had many a virii and spyware come from there in my early internet years. :s

thekore said:
i wouldnt trust anything that comes from mess.be i had many a virii and spyware come from there in my early internet years. :s

Yep, can't trust patching software such as this.

thekore said:

Despite the fact that Virii isn't a real word :lick:

virii (ví-ré)
1. (n.pl.) More than one virus. Usually relating to having more than one virus on one's computer.

im happy im using the patch with no problems/virii/viruses attacking my pc, and now because of the patch i can have the music i play in winamp display instead of only media player

If I were to ever use MSN MESSenger again, I'd definitely choose the mess patch over that msgplus! 'thing'.

I tried the patch, it works well. No problems, I ended up restoring msn any though. I also tried a couple of the skins, I get nothing but errors with those ..

Kr0m said:
If I were to ever use MSN MESSenger again, I'd definitely choose the mess patch over that msgplus! 'thing'.
i use both, theres things that the patch would never be able to offer like msn plus. remember the patch only modifies the files settings etc, as msn plus runs while u have msn running

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back