MSI N1996 Motherboard

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by EuroTrash, Jan 2, 2007.

1. EuroTrash

EuroTrash Coaster Live!

I don't know if anyone out there has a copy of these knows where to find them. I need the Motherboard drivers for a MSI N1996. Primarily to get the USB ports working properly. I've done some searching and have come up with nothing but soliciting links. Anyone have any ideas?

2. LeeJend

LeeJend Moderator

3. acet

acet OSNN One Post Wonder

Did you have any luck with this problem?
    the usb ports on my hp comp with the same motherboard are messed up and i need to fix them...
    any help would be appreciated,
    acet

4. leath

leath OSNN One Post Wonder

hi all does eny 1 now where i can find xp drivers for msi n1996 motherboard got win vista on it but i want to put xp on it thanx 4 now

5. vans

vans OSNN One Post Wonder

MSI N1996 motherborad was used by HP and few other PC re sellers. It was listed in MSI website as MSI 650 GM-L motherboard.

http://global.msi.com.tw/index.php?func=proddesc&prod_no=560&maincat_no=1&cat2_no=&cat3_no=

Vans

6. MADDOG4U

MADDOG4U OSNN One Post Wonder

7. RebeccaDeed

RebeccaDeed OSNN One Post Wonder

I can send you a N1996 motherboard for 20pound?

Last edited: Nov 12, 2009
  8. Pyrotech

Pyrotech OSNN One Post Wonder

Hi, well you guys have all been fooled by the N1996 in big alphanumerics. That some Australian certification number. The normal place for board numbers is between the PCI slots on most brands of motherboard. If you look there you will see MS-6178 ver x.x or some other number...
    Ok the mystery is solved, the board is not N1996 but MS 6178 ver 1.1 in my True Blue PC. Go to MSI Global ? Computer, Laptop, Notebook, Desktop, Mainboard, Graphics and more Bios, driver, manuals, everything!

so ignore the N1996 on any board...and keep looking for the number between the slots.

9. Old Brit

Old Brit OSNN One Post Wonder

Hi

Have you resolved your Drivers & utilities problem? If not, I may just have the answer. I have a CD containing the following SW for this motherboard:-

Intel INF update
    Intel 10/100 Ethernet Drivers
    Cmedia Sound Drivers
    USB 2.0
    One Touch Setup

If this could be what you are looking for then let me know.

Old Brit