MSI K7N2G- ILSR Beeps on boot with blank screen.

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by joshuajme, Sep 5, 2003.

1. joshuajme

joshuajme Guest

Hi, about 1 in 3 boot ups. It starts an endless cycle of beeps, this is diagnosed as a memory error. Yet I get no crashes when it does boot, and Ive tested the memory with memtest86 and its fine. Any idea's as to whats causing this?

2. Hipster Doofus

Hipster Doofus Good grief Charlie Brown

If it is overclocked back it off a bit.

3. LeeJend

LeeJend Moderator

If you have the memory set in bios for performance back taht off to standard. If that isn't an option on the bios menu setthese manually:

Set wait state (CL) to 2.5
    Make sure the clock speed is set correctly for the SLOWEST memory stick in your system.

If you are running 333 mhz (PC2700) RAM try manually setting ti to 266 mhz. Some of the 333 has questionable performance.

4. joshuajme

joshuajme Guest

I took a stick of corsair 400mhz out of my system. It worked perfectly, so it's because I used generic ram, takes the piss really. Decent ram is very expensive these days, any1 know why?

5. Hipster Doofus

Hipster Doofus Good grief Charlie Brown

Is the bios up to date? Might do it

6. GoNz0

GoNz0 NTFS Stoner

because its tested for a long time to make sure it really works, even though i have seen a dead stick of corsair, but the customer was a n00b so probably blew it up.

7. adek

adek Very xp-erianced

Got the very same board and had the same problem with twinMOS ram all the same. But ordered 3 sticks of 512mb from cruital and they worked first and every time since. Top tip is not to buy cheap ram as it is usally a false investment.;)