MSI 865PE Neo2-FIS2R

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Comptech, Jul 7, 2003.

1. Comptech

Comptech Guest

Anyone out there using this MB? It gets great reviews, but have not heard anyone mentioning owning one. I am seriously looking to buy it, just want a little input first. P.S. I know that it has a memory issue with the first release BIOS.

2. Da_Violator

Da_Violator Guest

I have one, it hasn't caused me any problems so far...but that's after an upgraded BIOS

Da Violator

3. Comptech

Comptech Guest

Was your only problem before the update the memory compatability?

4. Shamus MacNoob

Shamus MacNoob Moderator Political User

5. Comptech

Comptech Guest

Thanks for the info guys. Here is my order as it sits in the new egg shopping cart. P4 3.0 800mhz, 2-kingston hyper-x cas 2 512 mem modules, the motherboard of course, western dig 36.6 serial ata 10,000rpm and my old stuff, ATI all in wonder 9700 pro, audigy 2, 2-80 gig maxtor 8 meg buffer, sony dvd burner, toshiba dvd rom. Think this old fart can handle all that?

6. Shamus MacNoob

Go make sure that the ram is on the approved list at the site I gave you I know the nvidia nforce2 is a picky ram board :)

7. Da_Violator

Da_Violator Guest

Good grief, lookin at that specs list makes me want to upgrade my new machine (3 weeks old) already!!!!

8. Shamus MacNoob

I know huh its never ending ... but hey I look at it this way when I first joined NTFS.org well when it was XP-erience I only had a IBM aptiva 400mhz AMD with 128mb pc100 Sdram, and a 8mb on board vid card, no burner, no sound card, and 10$ speakers, LOL so looking at what I have now, plus my sons rig I feel like I am going in the right direction, Sons rig is a Duron 1100 512mb pc133 sdram, bla bla and more lol ..... :D