MS Flight Simulator 2002 Installation Problem!

K

KC Ranger

Somebody please help me! I spent over an hour yesterday afternoon on the phone with the MS support guy with no resolution. The problem is this: After getting the first two discs installed, the CD drive stops working somewhere in the third disc--from anywhere between 53% to 75% of the completed install and one of two types of error messages is displayed. These are:

DISK ERROR WHILE WRITING TO FILE D:\PROGRAM FILES\MICROSOFT GAMES\FS2002\WESTHEM\CANE.CAB

MAKE SURE HARD DISK IS NOT FULL AND THAT THE FILE IS NOT IN USE.

-or-

FLIGHT SIMULATOR 2002 CANNOT OPEN THE FILE F:\SCENEDB\WESTHEM\CANC.CAB. MAKE SURE THAT THE CD IS PROPERLY INSERTED IN THE CD ROM DRIVE AND THEN CLICK RETRY.

(this has happened with different files, so it's not like one certain file is causing the problem)

After the message is generated, I have to abort the install because when I click RETRY, nothing happens. After I abort and go to MY COMPUTER, the CD drive doesn’t show up.

Microsoft had me do an install on another PC (my brother’s) and everything went fine.

Here's what my system consists of:

--Shuttle AK31 mobo w/ Athlon 1900+ (with the latest VIA 4in1 Drivers installed
--768 MB RAM
--Windows XP Pro
--Yamaha CRW2200EZ CD-RW

I’ve tried disabling DMA, AutoPlay, and updated the CD-RW’s firmware. What else can I do?

Thanks in advance!

KC Ranger

p.s. Could the cracked:eek: version of Windows I'm using have anything to do with this? :confused:

try installing it on ur computer using your brothers CD Drive...

Originally posted by dejav00
try installing it on ur computer using your brothers CD Drive...

Thanks, but I'd rather get it working on MY computer.

yeah what he said...

take ur CD Drive out...put ur bro's in, install, take his out, put urs back in etc...

if that doesn't work, make 3 folders on ur desktop, copy each CD to it's respective folder, then install from ur HD

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back