MPAA made a booboo

Discussion in 'Green Room' started by ElementalDragon, Mar 1, 2006.

1. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon The One and Only

Guess the best way to put this is the exact way it had it worded on Torrentspy/Shoutwire's news..... "MPAA caught with its pants down". yess..... our beloved RIAA is trying to keep us from putting our own music on our PMP/MP3 players...... while our friendly neighborhood MPAA is becoming a role model!

MPAA Caught with its pants down

2. Son Goku

Son Goku No lover of dogma

:laugh:

And their excuse? Oh, like they wouldn't invade people's privacy if it served their own purpose. Sony already got caught installing root kits on people's computers in a suruptisious manner, and then Bwahahahahaha These are hardly the one's to lecture anyone on right vs. wrong, or to give excuses of "but he invaded the privacy of our staffers" ROFL

I know, Dick should file a lawsuite against the MPAA, and make sure they're nailed to the same legal cross the RIAA has tried to nail deceased 80 year old grandmothers who didn't even know how to use a computer, and everyone else when it had suited their purposes. It'd be fitting, for them to be at the same level of litigation they spew out upon world + dog, when they're caught copying a movie themself in this manner :D

After all, fair would be both fair and just :up:

Oh, is that the sound of fair use I hear? Course, in due consideration of this little provision in the 13th Amendment called "equal protection under the law", it should either apply to everyone, or no one at all :D The law is supposed to be impartial, and no respecter of persons, etc, etc... Oh yes, the deliscous irony indeed :)

And who better to know this, then one of the largest filers of law suites themselves, come to see their own actions return to them full circle...

Last edited: Mar 1, 2006
  3. fitz

fitz Just Floating Along Staff Member Political User Folding Team

This is "old" news

I thought I already saw story posted here last month... hmm... *goes searching*

edit: hmm.. maybe I'm just confused. I have seen this story before though - probably at a different site. I remember my friends and I having a nice laugh about it when i forwarded the link on to them..

4. Mastershakes

Mastershakes Moderator

The link in this thread is dated Fitzy ! ;)

MPAA admits to unauthorized movie copying
    1/24/2006 11:52:04 AM, by Eric Bangeman

5. fitz

fitz Just Floating Along Staff Member Political User Folding Team

:ermm: umm.. *blink* *blink* never mind then...

I'm still on my first cup of coffee.. haven't worken up yet (that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!)

:)