mp3 playback issues

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by theevilsithlord, May 23, 2003.

1. theevilsithlord

theevilsithlord Hail to the King, Baby!

I never used to have this problem, so I think I screwed something up. After I play a full screen game such as quake 3 or counter strike, i cant play an mp3 without it skipping and playing incorrectly. When I dont play these games, mp3's play perfectly. I use winamp 3 to play them, but i know this isnt the problem because it happens in WMP as well as winamp 2. I've tried freeram xp, but it still happens. I have an athlon 1800+ and 288MB ram. Thanks.

2. BonyTony

BonyTony Moderator

Have you checked your cpu temps as those games will stress your pc thus building up heat...do the mp3`s play after an hour or so without having to restart your pc ?.

3. mbunny

mbunny Guest

What soundcard do you have?

System specs may help.

4. theevilsithlord

nah not the cpu temp - right now its at 39 C and skipping mp3's, nominal temp is 50. It is a sound blaster live. Could having the mp3's on drive d have anything to do with it? My c drive is 20 gig WD, and drive d is 80 gig IBM.

5. theevilsithlord

alright get this, the mp3's play fine in creative's playcenter but not in WMP or Winamp. WTF

6. XP Abuser

XP Abuser Guest

7. Supplicium

Supplicium Guest

Try updating your drivers. And make sure you have the latest sound codec.