Mozilla Sidebar

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Hipster Doofus, Jan 20, 2003.

1. Hipster Doofus

Hipster Doofus Good grief Charlie Brown

Is there a way to get the sidebar to appear on the right side of the window? .....that is all......:D
    Speedy I'm going to swap those jars later today. Thanx. :)

2. SPeedY_B

SPeedY_B I may actually be insane.

Like this (See attached jpg).... ?

3. Hipster Doofus

YES like that. How'd ya do dat?

4. SPeedY_B

Dunno. :confused:

hehe, just download the attached file, extract the .xpi file, then go "File > Open File" in Mozilla, browse to the .xpi file.
    It'll ask you if you wish to install etc, just follow that through.
    Close Mozilla. Re-open.
    Then go to the View menu, click Show/Hide, and there should be a freshly created option for "Right Hand Sidebar" at the bottom.

It works nicely, seems a bit strange to me as i've had the bar on the left for so long. And its not 100% stable ( i think that may be down to my fiddlings tho ), so give it a go and let me know how it works out :)

5. mbunny

mbunny Guest

SPEEDY!!! I beg you!!! get a new theme for mozilla!!! omg that one is so ugly =(

6. SPeedY_B

mbunny, not a chance.
    I've got around 5 themes installed for Mozilla atm, and i'm perfectly content with this one. Loading some eye candy doesn't improve the functionality of the browser does it?
    I have Windows themes disabled (you cant use any other theme than windows classic) i hate themes and skins, Im not saying they dont look nice, but i want Mozilla to browse web pages, not impress anyone or look shiny.

7. Hipster Doofus

O btw if anyone else is interested (Speedy knows) the sidebar tweak works a treat. :D