mozilla questions

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by bluzeboy, Oct 20, 2002.

1. bluzeboy

bluzeboy Bluzeboy

mbunny -i've read your frequent endorsment of mozilla,so i was wondering if you would'nt mind a few questions , i've been using mozilla for a few days and i have some questions regarding the download
    manager ,i've been using download accelerator in ie6 can i use it in mozilla?and what do you use?
    thanks in advance

2. Kevin Ar18

Kevin Ar18 OSNN Senior Addict

I don't know if there's any integration of DAP with Mozilla. However, I personally copy the link in mozilla and then paste the link into DAP using "Add URL".

3. NetRyder

NetRyder Tech Junkie Folding Team

Thread moved to Applications

4. bluzeboy

bluzeboy Bluzeboy

kevin- i followed your advice ,i'm using the free version of dap ,but when i tryed to paste the following url-www.jermar.com
    it says invalid -for that matter any link i insert in it allways says invalid ,any idea why?

5. Kevin Ar18

Kevin Ar18 OSNN Senior Addict

DAP only downloads the exact file you tell it download. When you manually insert a URL, you need to copy the exact address for the file you are downloading into Download Accelerator Plus (DAP). One way to do it is to just right click on the link and select copy link location (or whatever it's called in Mozilla) and then paste into DAP:
    Here's an example of a screensaver on that page that you mentioned:
    http://www.jermar.com/scenesaver.exe
    You would have copied that link above and pasted it into DAP and DAP would download it.

6. bluzeboy

bluzeboy Bluzeboy

thanks alot kevin

7. mbunny

mbunny Guest

What he said lol

umm... there are alternate download managers if you want it all done within Mozilla rather than having to right click.

Off the top of my head i can think of GetRight and FlashGet. They both have plugins that will intercept .exe, .com, .zip, .rar (and a crap load) and send it to FlashGet or GetRight (depends on your flavour).

I personally use FlashGet but without the plugin. Most of the time its a small download so i just leave Mozilla to do it.

Mozilla actually has a decent Download Manager standard but it doesn't have the multi download threading that other ones have.