mozilla problems

monmusion

OSNN Addict
I just installed the newest version of mozilla, and now i can't use my keyboard internet shortcuts, or my webwheel, i have a logitech keyboard and mouse, and i just installed the latest updates. Just wondering if this is just me or a common problem.

Was Mozilla a fresh install or updating? If updated was it loaded to a different directory? What version is it? 1.2 or 1.2.1?

It was a fresh install of version 1.2.1. This is the first time I am using mozilla,

The internet keys on your keyboard are designed to run on IE by default. If you run the program that came with your keyboard (or download it) you can change what the default functions are so that they work with Mozilla

All I did to get my mine going was to set mozilla to default & then get use to the different settings that mozilla uses.

[for monmusion] Shortcuts & mouse buttons have different settings from IE to Mozilla.

I looked in the logitech itouch configuration and i didn't see anything to change the default browser, same with the mouse settings, i can't get webwheel to work.

For default browser open Mozilla then go to edit/preferences/navigator. On the right click 'make mozilla the default browser'. Of course if IE is ticked to check if it is default everytime you open it it will want to made default again. You can untick that from the options in IE. No big deal.

About your mouse. When you say webwheel do you mean pushing the scroll button in then using the mouse to go up or down the page. If so mozilla does not support that feature. If you hover over a web link on a page & press it it will open a tab window instead.

I did make mozilla the default browser. That did not help at all. I click the keyboard buttons and nothing happens. Webwheel, is something from logitech, where u click the middle mouse button, and a wheel with internet sites comes up, and u scroll to the site u want, then click the middle button again, that also does not work.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back