Mozilla or IE ?

Basicly Integrated software compatibility is the issue. Its not I don't like Mozilla, and yes I have the latest edition. I don't have problems with pop-ups and no I don't like waiting for my graphics to show up after my page is already open (Mozilla) Its all a matter of personal taste and how your computer responds to the browser based on your integrated programs working with Mozilla. It will constantly be an uphill battle challenging IE, but even if Mozilla comes close, IE will just release V. 7.0

I havent tried Mozilla 1.1, but after using Opera in approx 1.5 years, i I can't return to IExplorer.

Opera has so many cool features (mouse gestures e.g), and is a lot faster to use.

Originally posted by GeeZuZz
I havent tried Mozilla 1.1, but after using Opera in approx 1.5 years, i I can't return to IExplorer.

Opera has so many cool features (mouse gestures e.g), and is a lot faster to use.

Have you heard of Opera7 beta? It will be out soon. Check Opera homepage for some good info.

The last I tried Opera they had a free version with ad banners all over or the version you have to purchase. Personally I'm not going to buy a browser. Is this still the case?

http://www.meyerweb.com/eric/css/edge/complexspiral/demo.html

http://www.formula-one.nu/dhtml/moz3d.htm

http://www.ncf.ca/~bh447/pngdemo/

http://taboca.com/tests/credits.html

Try these in Mozilla and IE. They are simple tests using normal standards compliant code, with absolutely no proprietry code,

So how many pages can't you see in IE elderec??? =)... I Win =)

(Make sure you are using at least moz 1.0, or higher)

mmm... n00b PNG transparency effects MS style.

idiotexpl.gif

Originally posted by mbunny
2 things... IE IS SUBSTANDARD!!! It does not and doesn't seem to want to follow the guidelines that have been set out by the W3C (the governing body that sets the standards for the internet). It recently got rid of Java and by the end of 2003 it will no longer be supporting ANY kind of java running off IE.

Mozilla is better for cookies as you can screen what you allow and what you want to throw out.
Tools -> Cookie Manager -> Manage Sites

IE loads faster because it is automatically loaded with Windows. But you use Quick Launch and Mozilla also loads as fast as IE.

IE is not a better browser, it is merely a browser which complacent users use because it is there.

Its not that I hate MS, Its the fact that MS decide what the standards are. They don't listen to the actual people who are the leaders for the standards. I would love to stop Windows if I had any other USABLE OS. Linux is a great Operating System but it will never have the range of outstanding games as Windows. I'm here to play games mainly. I can do the rest in Linux.

Mozilla is a lot more kid friendly because the people think about what they are coding. They thought about user friendliness and usability.

They provided the function to block ads, block cookies, block pop ups... What here is provided by IE? (without the need to download a 3rd party plugin)

Your computer can't handle an extra 40mb of files? Ummm... time for a new hard drive?

Mozilla loads the pictures only after it has downloaded it, IE uses its own patented tech to load images as it comes rather than wait.

You'll find that Mozilla is far more efficient than IE and is rather less prone to Security issues and crashes than IE.

It IS better than IE. Standards compliance, ad blocking, cookie blocking, tabbed browsing, efficient memory use. FREE!!!

IE is popular because it is there... (hello... anti-trust case...) By microsoft including it with MS, it has made people believe what is the point of downloading another web browser when i already got one that works here?

At first IE was actually good. It followed standards... Its moved to incorporate its own "personal tech" which are NOT W3C COMPLIANT.

Install SP1, remove IE, use Mozilla

Since you are bring up W3C standard over and over again... let me ask you this... are you a web developer?
If you are... have you noticed how every web developer compain about Netscape? I have no love for MS... but it is a pain in the ass to code crossbrowser now days.

Originally posted by catch23
I am a web developer...

If a webpage works in Netscape/Mozilla...then you know it was done right..

I have numerous stories and tests to back that up

... including the W3C code checker :)

oh... i'm sure it is such a pain in the ass to get paid to develop a webpage that works on all platforms...

I know i'm complaining to my boss when he pays me to make a webpage that needs to work on more than IE.... excuse me as I go ignore all other web browsers so that i can make a MS Internet webpage.

I am not an ignorant web designer... it may be more work but this is what seperates a good web designer and a ordinary joe blow who knows some HTML.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back