Mozilla fireBird Thread.

by the way...got my favorites back by importing them...pretty cool

also I love a bunch of things so far

I'm wondering why this quick reply box is so small in the bird...don't like it

as I said the last time I tried this browser, the only reason I didn't keep it on my box was that it refused to open some pages...
I don't have that problem anymore

I am starting to dig the tabs too

even if I switch back to ie, gonna probably try a tab extension...or better, just use this bird browsed when I want the convienance of the tabs...or maybe grow to prefer it as a whole...gonna try

now netryder

can you tell me why I get the same exact results from that first test site regardless of how fast the conection I'm using?

I'm not following exactly what that site is testing, as obviously internet speed has nothing to do with the test

obviously if it's an internal test of my box, that has nothing to do with surfing as a whole number, which needs to be tested in real time

also, typing in general has a very crude cursor...any way to fix that netryder?

I've got this now configured where it is identical in appearance and functionality to my internet explorer

therefore, I ahve no problem at all sticking wiht this, as there's nothing to get used to

I'll play for a couple of days, and then time some new pages again

timing brand new pages, as netryder says is not a fair measure

so I'm disclaiming my results as I always do when I'm biased

my biased timed shots hold ie the winner so far, in loading brand new and uncachedc pages... but not a notice if I'm not timeing

I still have to time now on a slow connection, but I won't coment for a few days unless the bird is winning my favor

Originally posted by dealer
I'm wondering why this quick reply box is so small in the bird...don't like it

That's the size specified by vB. It's another classic case of IE taking things into it's own hands, rather than conforming to coding standards.

Take a look at the code for the quick reply box. Notice how it's supposed to be 40 columns wide by 7 rows. That's how Firebird renders it.
No clue where IE got it's sizes from.

got it...interesting ie does that...I like it wider though and the vb should write the code so it's correct width is wide

I do have trouble figuring out which browser I have up now, so that's great to me, as I was used to ie, and the appearance of pheonix jaded my opinion

sh!t

yahoo games gets a pointer error on my mozilla java

anyone know anything about this?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back