Mozilla fireBird Thread.

now I'll try the tweaks you posted, and see if I get better results with these tests

be back later

but before I go, I'll point out that using the pheonix, and closing down my internet explorere is using about ten more mbs of memory then ie does

this will slow down any box down, and that's important for over all performance,

again I'm trying to get the bird up to speed, so I'm not at all satisfied till I apply every tweak I can find for the pheonix

since my internet explorre is tweaked out, this isn't a fair comparison on my part until I tweak ou the bird

now, on the other hand, last night I visited every site I normally visit, and the bird did not fail to open even one page yet

this was a pleasure over the last time I tried to stick with it

so there's the first improvement pheonix has made over the past, and it's a good one

in the end, gonaads post here, and speedys post on the other thread is absolutely correct

benchmarks are not the important factor, use preferance is

so for that the bird will win hands down for people that want an alternative (obviously)

but if there's any thread at all that claims the mo is a faster browser, I will obviously demonstrate my results as a con to all of the mo advocates

balance

that's the ticket

Originally posted by Enyo
Am I reading this wrong?

IE - 791

Firebird - 850

Would mean FireBird is the faster?

I just did the test thinger posted above and Firebird came out top.

Did not surprise me, its allot more streamlined than IE.

How does Mozilla (not firebird) do?

ooohh enyo, you're reading right and I was readong wrong

the firebird clocks out faster in that field, the same in other fields, but faster in that one

I was wrong in jumping to the conclusion that the bird was not superior in this test

it looks like it's faster in that field...I'll post that result when I'm done doing the same on slow connections, and with other tests

Morning.
Well I offered a simple way to stop this, but again dealer you're being so petty that you can't just live and let live. I may split the thread later, I've got some stuff to do first, but if I do, I am warning you now, because I know that you get pissy about your posts being moved, that I will move anything derogatory out of the discussion thread, go and make an IE worship thread if it is really something that you feel stongly about.

speedy you're going to stop using perjurative terms from here on when you address me

DO YOU UNDERSTAND THIS????

the "petty" person here is the person that didn't want counter points or benchmarks on mozilla threads...hmmm, who is that?hmmm

NOW

IF I DISSAGREE ON ANY SPLIT THREAD I WILL POST THERE AS WELL...YOU CANNOT HAVE A CHEERING SECTION WHERE OPINIONS ARE STATED FOR OUR MEMBERS AS IF THEY ARE FACTS!!!!...not while I'm a member

so do whatever "petty' things you want to do...you know, closing threads you don't agree with, deleting posts you don't agree with, moving valid threads to inapppropriate areas, splitting what you don't like about a thread off to another area, cursing at other mods...stuff like that

oh, pardon me, that's allready standard oprating procedure for you

carry on then

/me having a private conversation with jewelzz and ep as soon as possible

your cursing at me in public (page synchronized for your benefit,...don't bother deleting it as you did the last time you attacked me) and the attacks you insist on are going to stop one way or another speedy

and that is a fact

I honestly don't think that I should adress you in a positive way because I have no respect for you, the last time you had a bit of a wibble like this just drove that point home.

And for the last time, we do not want a cheering thread it was discussion.. do you know what that means? it means talking about, not comparing, not 'having a go' just enjoying something and sharing experiences with others.
Why can't you just leave it? seriously?

I honestly don't think that I should adress you in a positive way because I have no respect for you

this is obvious, I was surprised other people didn't see it, but now you've made my point for me...thanx for pointing this out as I have not been succsessfull adequately pointing out your dissrespect myself

10x 4 t3h h3lp

it means talking about, not comparing, not 'having a go' just enjoying something and sharing experiences with others.
Why can't you just leave it? seriously?

as I say speedy, and this is very simple...you are not going to get a thread where you can make claims as fact what are clearly opinions

not gonna happen

sorry

that's me, that's my personality, it's how I was raised, and it's how all people of self asteem behave..and that's what you don't respect, someone that dissagrees with you

intreresting person you are speedy

surprised you haven't realized this yet...

saying you want a thread without the spector of critisism, and saying it time and again will not get you this cheering thread you want

sorry

Why don't you understand that a forum is a place where people are encouraged to express their opinions? not every thread needs to be bombarded with pointless facts and figures.

Why don't you understand that a forum is a place where people are encouraged to express their opinions

now you are making my points speedy?...everyone knows that this is the very reason myself and the majority are here and are on any forum

I accept the encouragement to express my opinion from you, though I didn't need it... so thanx again

not every thread needs to be bombarded with pointless facts and figures.

correct again...you're doing fine

not every thread is bombarded with pointless facts is it, so you get your wish on this for sure.

only the ones that opinions are stated as if they are facts will be posted these what you call "meaningless facts"...(hmmm meaningless)

not joking speedy with my next question, and I don't mean to cast a dispersion by asking it,though a dispersion is probably going to be assumed

it's just that the answer will go a long way in understanding your personality...the deleting and editing fits you get when I dissagree with you, the cursing and insulting fits and fits like this one...not wanting anyone to dissagree with you and such

how old are you speedy?

You know perfectly well that I am 19, I suppose this is going to result in an attempt to blame my actions on my age?

no speedy, I didn't know you were 19

your knowledge far exceeds your age...I thought you were older then 19 before the tifs we've had..I had thought you were about my age back then

but the fits made me think that maybe you might be adolescent, and then I would have understood them better

you are not an adolescent, you are an adult, so no, I will not blame your behavior, your insults, your cursing, your dissrespect on your age

I feel 19 myself most of the time, and most of my friends are your age...none have your type of episodes when someone dissagrees with them

I'm 47 in case you wanted to know that

Originally posted by xsivforce
Hmmmmm....interesting thread...

here's what's even more interesting Casey

on a few of the tests that netryder posted, Phoenix is beating INTERNET explorer in a mhz field

if speedy didn't close that thread, I would have posted my findings when I'm donnot a practical test, since actual pages aren't loaded, and other efficiency is not measured

never the less, I'll still post it if Phoenix is actually faster on these tests, and if it's faaster after all the tweaking I need to do with it, I'll post that as well, though it would have been nice to do it on that thread that speedy closed

(hmmm there's an interesting point hmmm)

you two need to chill & stop it with the personal comments

this is my opinion

I think your wrong Speedy to close the thread
Dealer has always spoke his mind on topics that are dear to him
I should know we have had many heated discussions
without the thread getting closed or resorting to personal comments

point's finger at Dealer
you've done exactly the same to me in the past
there I was happily discussing the pro's & con's of Intel v's AMD
and you had the thread closed

just because the topic isn't going the way you want it
doesnt' mean it should be closed

thats it from me carry on

:p

2 z

I have closed one thread in my entire life

the amd thread was not it

I think I closed maaybe a crack thread once too...on request of another mod that couldn't do it

our discussions have always been a pleasure to me, and my discussions about mozilla have been a pleasure to me as well.

as you know, I always bow to superior information and results that prove my results incorrect

this might be the case with pheonix

but it might not

do you have a link to the trhead you think I might have closed,???...my memory fails sometimes, so I would shurely like to see that thread

I am no fan of amd over intel btw

I use the amd because my laptops are cheaper that way

now, and untill the hammer, I would prefer an intel

Now Dealer you must remember that the performance of a browser, be it IE or Firebird or Johnny Lightning Black Box Special :p it will also depend on the user's configuration and hardware. Soooo maybe one member posting that Firebird is waaaaay faster than IE could be construed as false to you did you ever stop to rationalize that maybe it IS faster on their machine? What if their setup of IE is not tweaked ta hell and back but their Firebird is... or their IE is tweaked more than Firebird. Everyones install of one particular browser over another could mean that what they are posting IS correct on their machine but to you IS wrong... BUT ONLY ON YOUR MACHINE.

So to post in a thread that the poster is wrong is irresponsible on your part due to you not having access to the member's machine so you can not factually discredit nor concure with their statement. So you should not post a finding of your own without a disclaimer that your findings are only on YOUR MACHINE and no one elses.

Unless you set-up 10 minimum PC's, MACs, Linux boxes to test these browsers, you will to the end of time bet varrying results, soooooo everyones bench tests are only good to one own machine and not to be used in any way shape or form to anyone's own machine.

As they say in da infomercials, "Your results may varry". :D

My rant for the day. :p

I agree with your post gonaads

I am the first to say that my internet explorer is tweaked and my pheonix is not...I'm the first

now look at this;

I read that thread and was mostly amused, and I was absolutely not planning on adding my 2 cents

then some members that I trust NOT to have a predisposition against ie said they now preferred pheonix

first time I ever read that from a non mo freak

so I knew it was time to give it a go again

try to speed my box even more I am

I started that thread saying that maybe mo mo has improved, and I disclaimed my results prior, just in case my results proved ie still superior

as always, when I am pre disposed, I point out my pre disposition

so I did it there

but again

I was full well expecting the latest developments in pheonix to now outweigh whatever benefits ie used to have

but speedy told all to hear he didn't care about benchmarks, and told for all to hear that the mo preferance ws purely personal

I retired from the thread, very surprised speedy was that willing to admit he expected benchmarks to fail the mo

I was still planning on testing the mo to see if it was time that I switched for performance sake

if mo proved better, I was going to go in there and say it

if mo proved a failure, since I allready made my point well, I was not going to back to a thread that I retired from

xisatance though ke[t pming me and asking me to respond to his posts...excellant post by him I might add

anyway, that's the chronology

as everyone knows, I am no fan of ms software on xp over other software...though you mo users think that that's it, it's not

for instance,I use fox mail, star downloader, kerio firewall, and the list goes on...all because these are superior to the ms native alternatives

when a browser proves better then ie, I'll use that too.

for now, ie still gets my vote for superiority

though I'm allready saying that I did not run into one page that pheonix didn't open...the last time I used it, I ran into a few every night

also

the last time I tried pheonix, I enabled pipelining, which I haven't done yet to this version

it seemed to me back then that pheonix was faster then then this build that I'm using...and I said so at thee time too...that pheonix gave up nothing to ie but for opening a few pages

well, this post is too long

bottom line, when something like this looks like it's going to feild a valid discussion, obviously a person that doens't like how it bodes cannot close the thread

now for speedy, I think you'll like a very nice solution

if you want to start a cheerleading thread about the mo fine with me

disclaim the thread at the top of it...or better yet, let me disclaim the thread

then you guys can pat the mo on the back as much as you want without the spector if critisism from me...though really gonaads, I'm surprised you guys don't welcome the counter points

for instance, netryder and xistance made a great case

tanyway, the disclaimer must state unequivicalbly that opinions are going to be stated as if they are fact, and that there are valid users that are equally certain that ie is superior

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back