Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by JvK, Oct 15, 2003.
Mozilla the servers are kinda busy so it may take some time to download them
Nothing new in this release if you've been keeping up with the 0.7 RC nightlies. But it's a great build to start with for FireBird newbies. And it's got some big changes from the last stable release (0.6).
Just pray that you're not one of the poor souls (like me) that gets that damn annoying "stretched-out-menu" bug.
Ah yes, that stupid bug.
Also noticed that a new thunderbird is out, so ill have to download and check that out latter as well
Fresh new design for the Firebird project page as well
And an unofficial changelog:
New features since 0.6.1:
* Advanced preferences panel
* Download/helper apps preferences panel
* Cookie whitelisting (through the new Cookie Exceptions window)
* New password manager
* Web panels (like Mozilla's sidebar panels)
* Alternate stylesheet support (through a status bar button)
* Close other tabs (tab context menu)
* Domain is shown for image blocking (image context menu)
* Send Page, Send Link, Send Image (various context menus)
* Autoscroll (trigger by middle-clicking on a web page)
Important bug fixes since 0.6.1:
* 206029: Flash plugin installer breaks firebird (really a bug in the Flash installer, but firebird works around it)
* 210910: Right-clicking a file within a bookmarks folder in the bookmarks menu or toolbar makes that folder inaccessible. (Fixed for the most common cases.)
* 210588: Cancelling download of .lnk file deletes target of .lnk file (Windows 2000 only)
* 212556: scroll wheel sometimes stops working after app switch
* 199819: setting browser.formfill.enable (save form information) to false doesn't disable form autocomplete (partly fixed)
* 205893#c31: Should no longer cause GDI problems on Windows. (Example GDI problem: when you open about 100 large images in 0.6, the browser stops redrawing content and even its user interface.)
* 212686: down arrow into autocomplete causes other autocomplete results to disappear
Yummy, getting the suite/firebird/thunderbird now
Woohoo, I'm all updated, quite possibly the first time I've had Mozilla/FB/TB all as stable builds
Guys, the servers are SO busy for Firebird 0.7, I can't download it! Does anyone have a mirror, pretty please?
I left a download manager trying to get them from the weblinks and it just wouldn't work (kept trying over and over) instead I just opened Filezilla and ftp'd to ftp.mozilla.org (user: anonymous pass: your e-mail addy) and got them all like that.
Thanks a lot man, worked a treat!
You need to copy paste URL for Yahoo! mirrors to work.
Get 7-Zip to extract.
chaos945, I think you mean 7-Zip
Still sticking to the 0.7+ nightlies
eeeeeer, isn't 0.7 newer though? (until tommorow night anyhow )
If you don't know what bittorrent is goto their Official site.
Nooooooooooooooooooooooo, now the NTFS main page screws up for me
welcome to the BUG
anyone knows how to move cache folder location???
I guess the rush is over now ... I just got new mozilla in 2m11s