Mozilla 1.5 and Firebird 0.7 is out

Nothing new in this release if you've been keeping up with the 0.7 RC nightlies. But it's a great build to start with for FireBird newbies. And it's got some big changes from the last stable release (0.6).

Just pray that you're not one of the poor souls (like me) that gets that damn annoying "stretched-out-menu" bug.

Ah yes, that stupid bug.

Also noticed that a new thunderbird is out, so ill have to download and check that out latter as well :)

Fresh new design for the Firebird project page as well :)
http://www.mozilla.org/products/firebird/

And an unofficial changelog:

New features since 0.6.1:

* Advanced preferences panel
* Download/helper apps preferences panel
* Cookie whitelisting (through the new Cookie Exceptions window)
* New password manager
* Web panels (like Mozilla's sidebar panels)
* Alternate stylesheet support (through a status bar button)
* Close other tabs (tab context menu)
* Domain is shown for image blocking (image context menu)
* Send Page, Send Link, Send Image (various context menus)
* Autoscroll (trigger by middle-clicking on a web page)

Important bug fixes since 0.6.1:

* 206029: Flash plugin installer breaks firebird (really a bug in the Flash installer, but firebird works around it)
* 210910: Right-clicking a file within a bookmarks folder in the bookmarks menu or toolbar makes that folder inaccessible. (Fixed for the most common cases.)
* 210588: Cancelling download of .lnk file deletes target of .lnk file (Windows 2000 only)
* 212556: scroll wheel sometimes stops working after app switch
* 199819: setting browser.formfill.enable (save form information) to false doesn't disable form autocomplete (partly fixed)
* 205893#c31: Should no longer cause GDI problems on Windows. (Example GDI problem: when you open about 100 large images in 0.6, the browser stops redrawing content and even its user interface.)
* 212686: down arrow into autocomplete causes other autocomplete results to disappear

Yummy, getting the suite/firebird/thunderbird now :)

Woohoo, I'm all updated, quite possibly the first time I've had Mozilla/FB/TB all as stable builds :D

Guys, the servers are SO busy for Firebird 0.7, I can't download it! :( Does anyone have a mirror, pretty please?

Originally posted by Vector
Just pray that you're not one of the poor souls (like me) that gets that damn annoying "stretched-out-menu" bug.

:mad:

Originally posted by shaunj66
Guys, the servers are SO busy for Firebird 0.7, I can't download it! :( Does anyone have a mirror, pretty please?

I left a download manager trying to get them from the weblinks and it just wouldn't work (kept trying over and over) instead I just opened Filezilla and ftp'd to ftp.mozilla.org (user: anonymous pass: your e-mail addy) and got them all like that.

Originally posted by SPeedY_B
I left a download manager trying to get them from the weblinks and it just wouldn't work (kept trying over and over) instead I just opened Filezilla and ftp'd to ftp.mozilla.org (user: anonymous pass: your e-mail addy) and got them all like that.

Thanks a lot man, worked a treat! :D

eeeeeer, isn't 0.7 newer though? (until tommorow night anyhow :p)

Nooooooooooooooooooooooo, now the NTFS main page screws up for me :(

welcome to the BUG :)

anyone knows how to move cache folder location???

I guess the rush is over now ... I just got new mozilla in 2m11s :D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back