Mozilla 1.2.1 Released

Thanks for the posts everyone...you're all right of course...it does come back down to personal preferences...Better clear my GoBack History and start downloading stuff.

Thanks again!
Alex

yesterday i downloaded Ver. 1.2 and today they uploaded the new version are they stupid? can't they just release a small patch? they sicken me.

Originally posted by Octopus
yesterday i downloaded Ver. 1.2 and today they uploaded the new version are they stupid? can't they just release a small patch? they sicken me.

MicroSquish has always had patches. Have they ever worked??? Hmmmmmm??? There's always another problem.

That's why Mozilla give you a new browser to download. Clean... Efficient.

Parp.

It's hardly a chore! and if they sicken you so much, why are you using their browser.
v1.2 was actually withdrawn from download because of a bug. If its so much of a problem then just use IE.

I'm on 56k, so obviously random 11mb dowbloads aren't exactly fun, but I think its worth it for Mozilla and i gladly got both 1.2 and 1.2.1

Parp.

Mozilla 1.3 Alpha may be released soon. The main development tree was closed at 12:01:09 PST this morning in preparation for the release of Mozilla 1.3 Alpha. The freeze will remain in effect until 1.3 Alpha is released, when the trunk will reopen for checkins for 1.3 Beta. The ideal release date for 1.3 Alpha is Friday but remember that this date is not set in stone.

woop :)

I have used mozilla for a while now and have had only one problem with it. That is some sites will not allow you in or will limit your ablity.

Letting you in: www.sergiogonzales.com (my brother-in-laws site)

Limiting your ablity to buy: www.lillianvernon.com

So for this reason I must keep ie on board.

You may want to tell your brother-in-law that the site doesn't do a very good job of not letting people in :)

moznotblocked.jpg

Good call SPeedY_B. He must have rewriten it.

Sorry about the bad example. I just have him rewrite it for a better example. ;)

I need help with version 1.2.1
For some reason last night when I upgraded to 1.2.1 from 1.2 I uninstalled 1.2 then deleted everything in the folders that were left (bad idea) then installed 1.2.1 and it was locking on the splash screen and when it did open I could not open any other windows on the browser, ie... Mail, Download Manager, Open New Window and so on. So I rolled back the system and then restored (undelete) everything I had in the Crap Can reinstalled version 1.2 and it's was still weird. I installed 1.2.1 right over 1.2 but it is still not opening any windows and in Proccesses it shows Mozilla.exe as still running but nothing is there when I close the browser after I try to open another window in the browser or I try to open Mail. I had this problem before when I installed 1.1 sperately after uninstalling 1.0.1 I rolled the system back and I just installed over the old version. I also did something else with the settings/preferences but I don't remember and it fixed it (before). Help, I'm drowning...

Originally posted by SPeedY_B
He didn't re-write it, i changed my Mozilla settings :)
As another example, try the UK Shop site http://www.argos.co.uk in Mozilla, then take a look at this :D

LOL ... you changed the settings to make the site believe you're running IE right? :happy:

Originally posted by NetRyder
LOL ... you changed the settings to make the site believe you're running IE right? :happy:

Correct my good man! I REALLY dont see the point why people block sites when they blatantly do work (ive even demonstrated they do) in Mozilla.

I need help with version 1.2.1
For some reason last night when I upgraded to 1.2.1 from 1.2 I uninstalled 1.2 then deleted everything in the folders that were left (bad idea) then installed 1.2.1 and it was locking on the splash screen and when it did open I could not open any other windows on the browser, ie... Mail, Download Manager, Open New Window and so on. So I rolled back the system and then restored (undelete) everything I had in the Crap Can reinstalled version 1.2 and it's was still weird. I installed 1.2.1 right over 1.2 but it is still not opening any windows and in Proccesses it shows Mozilla.exe as still running but nothing is there when I close the browser after I try to open another window in the browser or I try to open Mail. I had this problem before when I installed 1.1 sperately after uninstalling 1.0.1 I rolled the system back and I just installed over the old version. I also did something else with the settings/preferences but I don't remember and it fixed it (before). Help, I'm drowning...

I would try uninstall all mozillas you have, and delete all folders and registry entries you can find with mozilla in them <backup registry first, though>

good luck,

EJ ;)

I had the same problem gonaads. What I ended up doing was removing all Mozilla versions, deleting the left overs, cleaning the registry, then loading it again. Seems to be working OK now. If you haven't already done so don't forget to back up your book marks etc.

Originally posted by Elroy Jetson
I would try uninstall all mozillas you have, and delete all folders and registry entries you can find with mozilla in them <backup registry first, though>

good luck,

EJ ;)

Originally posted by Hipster Doofus
I had the same problem gonaads. What I ended up doing was removing all Mozilla versions, deleting the left overs, cleaning the registry, then loading it again. Seems to be working OK now. If you haven't already done so don't forget to back up your book marks etc.

Well Shiii*** Looks like that's what I get to do tonight :(
Nothin good on T.V. anyway. :p

NO NO NO. STUPID HIPSTER Why why why stupid stupid stupid.

I just tried NetRyders tweak & when I got to the folder, OH stupid stupid Hipster. When I installed Mozilla yesterday & got it going well I did a boo boo. I installed it one folder up, so the mozilla folder has left overs of v1.1 & v1.2.1 is splattered all over one folder up. STUPID STUPID STUPID. Oh well I go cry now.

I will try moving it where it is suppose to be & see what goes or in my case what won't go. :rolleyes:

Hah hah hah!!! Well Hipster looks like you're gonna have some fun. Well my fun is over and done with. Uninstalled Mozilla, deleted every little thing that is/was Mozilla everywhere in, on, or under my Computer and then shut down... reboot and install fresh virginal pink squeeky clean Mozilla 1.2.1 Heh heh heh Ooooh Yeahhhh SWEET!!! :D

Hehehehe got it going again. Emptied the 1.1 folder then chucked all of 1.2.1 into it. The only thing that gave me trouble was the mail. Clicked on the shorcut in the start menu (normally use keyboard) & away it went. woohoo :D

Members online

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back