moving many files(.mp3) in different folders at once?

forcer

OSNN Senior Addict
i installed itunes little did i know it messes your whole music libary up... i had a folder with over 15gb of mp3s and itunes decided to organise them into their own individual folder based on the mp3s tags... i dont want it like this, is there a way i can move all the mp3s in those folders to a new location.

basically something to be able 2 scan the whole mp3 folders with all the other folders in, with the mp3s in then move them all to a new folder... possibly a dos command? any help appreciated

Open a command window to the folder that contains the subfolders.

Let's say your mp3 files are in folders like
D:\Tunes\album 1
D:\Tunes\album 2
and you want to move all mp3 files inside these folders to D:\All My Music

So at the command prompt you should see

D:\Tunes>_

Now type this command and press Enter:

D:\Tunes>for /d %a in (*) do move "%a\*.mp3" "D:\All My Music"

forcer, you can disable this option by going ' edit -> preferences -> advanced ' and unchecking ' Keep iTunes folder organized ' :)

Thats one of the reasons I went bak to Winamp, obviously not the only reason, but that REALLY pissed me off when ITunes did that.

Android412 said:
Thats one of the reasons I went bak to Winamp, obviously not the only reason, but that REALLY pissed me off when ITunes did that.
iTunes is Apple, Apple is Mac, iTunes should not exist on Windows or anything else, same goes for QuickTime

thats my opinion anyways

[killa_bunny] said:
iTunes is Apple, Apple is Mac, iTunes should not exist on Windows or anything else, same goes for QuickTime

thats my opinion anyways
Yeah but same could then be said about any cross platform program.

Android412 said:
It's an option you can turn off .. if you didn't set it up before using it then you got what you wanted/deserve ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back