[Movies] Top 5 of '05

Discussion in 'Entertainment & Sports' started by BouncingSoul, Jan 10, 2006.

1. BouncingSoul

BouncingSoul Stranger Than Fiction Political User

I like that title. The reason its not the top 10 is because I'd be debating the proper order for so long I'd never get it posted.

Anyways. My list.

5. Sin City
    4. Proof
    3. Good Night & Good Luck
    2. Syriana
    1. Capote

Some notable absenses...

Brokeback Mountain, trying to see it this weekend. Probably be the only straight guy there.

King Kong. I think I'll get the DVD and trim like 45 minutes out. It was a good movie but way to long.

Crash. Its making all kind of end of the year lists but I haven't seen it and my local video store doesn't carry it. I'll see it eventually.

There are probably others that I forgot about. But when other lists come up we'll get some good titles to discuss.

2. Sazar

Sazar F@H - Is it in you? Staff Member Political User Folding Team

Too many to list just 5. But, in no particular order.

- Wallace and Grommitt, the curse of the were-rabbit.
    - Good Night and Good Luck.
    - Capote
    - Crash
    - Sin City

There are others that I loved, notably the 40yr old virgin and Wedding Crashers, Narnia was a good laugh and Harry Potter was entertaining. War of the Worlds was a fabulous movie in that there was no real "hero" doing "heroic" things. I loved it.

Jarhead was also a visceral experience and Serenity filled in the gaps nicely. Munich deserved to be in the list but, c'est la vie.

3. Son Goku

Son Goku No lover of dogma

I think I've seen most of the movies mentioned thus far. Though Capote I never heard of before, and Syriana I hadn't gone to see...

I would definitely put Serenety on the list, and I don't even remember anymore whether Team America came out in the last month or 2 of 2004, or beginning of 2005, but that was pretty funny.

4. Tittles

Tittles Dabba Dooba Political User

1.Hairy Twater
    2.Boner Jams '03

:laugh:

Best movie was 40 year old virgin. Never watched alot of movies. I am a comedy person so I really only care for those type of movies. Once in awhile I will like certain action movies.

5. Electronic Punk

Electronic Punk Administrator Staff Member Political User Folding Team

I can't even remember what came out in 2005 :)

6. muzikool

muzikool Act your wage. Political User

I'll have to think about this a bit and review my options. I'll post something eventually. :)

7. onimkron

onimkron OSNN Senior Addict

I think I only watched something like 3 movies released in 2005, and the key ones are probably Star Wars and Howl's Moving Castle. I need to go t the cinema more often :suprised:

8. Evil Marge

Evil Marge I Rule Political User

I think the last film I went to see was one of the original Supermans with Christopher Reeve
    :speechless:

9. muzikool

muzikool Act your wage. Political User

:laugh: @ Marge

:p