Movies Freeze at certain points

ElementalDragon

The One and Only
Don't know if it was asked at another time, but i'll ask anyway.

I have some movies that will freeze at certain points in the movie every time it is played. usually if i skip ahead a bit it will play some more, but then freeze again. Funny thing is that i can still hear sound playing for a short time after video stops, then the sound stops. Is there any way to fix this? any programs or anything?

this is techincally a "software" issue, so you are in the wrong forum, but it could be the player you are running? which is...???

well, i just realized that it's almost every movie i try to play. some slow down more than others, almost to a frame or 2 per second.

Have you tried others players?

Maybe Divx or vidiomi

Divx - Works well for the most part. Have had a few problems with stopping the movie, then sound doesnt sync up.

or

Vidomi - This one works for the most part too. Some issues with "green screen" but can be corrected with a little work.

I assume these are downloads you're trying to play right?

Maybe try the latest divers for you vid card?

what spec is your system? if it's not a very fast computer, try turning down the hardware acceleration in the tools > options > performance tab in WMP9

how the movie is encoded has something to do with it doesnt it?

to do with codecs?

sounds like you need DivX anti freeze, stops it locking at a bad frame. its in the kazaa lite codec pack www.k-lite.tk

Gonzo, i have that already, but it doesn't seem to work all the time. do i have to have it open/running all the time when i play the movie or does it work even when it's not open?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back