movie subtitle problem

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by ElementalDragon, May 30, 2004.

1. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon The One and Only

ok, me has a bit of a question. is there a piece of software that can remove subtitles from a movie on my hard drive? it's already in english, but it has like dutch subtitles or somethin.

2. dom02

dom02 OSNN Junior Addict

I don't think there is. Since they must have encoded the movie with the subtitles on it, if the subs aren't a separate file. If you could take them out than there would just be white space left or something like that.

3. Howling Wolf

Howling Wolf We did not deserve this !

Depends on the type of video file, sometimes subtitles can be disabled even though it's not a dvd...

4. SPeedY_B

SPeedY_B I may actually be insane.

Yup, formats such as Ogg Media can have features such as dual audio and switchable subtitles in a single file.

Try your players Subtitle menu to see if there is an option to turn them off, if not, it's likely they're a part of the actual video rather than being genuine sub titles.

5. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon The One and Only

well, the thing is i wanted to copy it to a DVD without the subs. i'm gonna make a copy of it now anyway subs or not, but if you figure something out, please tell.