[Movie Review] X-Men 3 - The Last Stand

gonaads said:
Well did anyone see the X-Men movies on, what was it??? USA Network or TNT??? I forget... Anyway it was over this weekend that just ended. When they were showing the second movie (X-Men United) the actor that plays Magneto was doing some between commercial break commentary. He was speaking of some of the characters their powers and how important they were and so forth. At one point near the end of the movie he came on and was talking about Angel and how wide his wing span was and his acuracy at his arial attacks and how essencial he was to the X-Men. Interesting stuff.

Angel has 0% body fat, hence why the 6 feet under dood was so buff.

I'm still not sure what to make of this installment; in some ways I like the darker edge of the story and the universe, but on the other hand there are bits that I'm not too sure about

Like Scott dying? I didn't expect that at all, I only knew he was dead at the second Phoenix scene in the base. Also, was the professor out of character the way he treated logan and telling him to leave things alone?

Its also a shame to lose Xavier but still have Magneto around, as it cuts out any chance of a plot where Xavier and Magneto is banished to the badlands or wherever it is

Dublex said:
I'm still not sure what to make of this installment; in some ways I like the darker edge of the story and the universe, but on the other hand there are bits that I'm not too sure about

Like Scott dying? I didn't expect that at all, I only knew he was dead at the second Phoenix scene in the base. Also, was the professor out of character the way he treated logan and telling him to leave things alone?

Its also a shame to lose Xavier but still have Magneto around, as it cuts out any chance of a plot where Xavier and Magneto is banished to the badlands or wherever it is
I think the professor was out of character, he seemed much more thoughtless and harsh then before

Dublex said:

I think the professor was out of character, he seemed much more thoughtless and harsh then before
Vanquished said:

personally I don't think everyone died, I think they'll find a way to resurect these charachters;

for instance the prefessors mind could still live on in the surroundings, or even in another mutant, or for that matter even a person who's not mutant.

I think the writers were too cavalier with these main charachter deaths for them to be final..also, I think tte've set up the "cure" tol prove temporary for some mutants

Did you mean to repost what i posted?
To agree with you, i dont think they are dead either, i think they will come back. Also is it just Magneto with the power still or will it eventually come back for all?
Cause he had 4 stuck in him, not just one...

Vanquished said:
Did you mean to repost what i posted?
I did, I agree the professor was out of charachter, I think that's because he knew he wouldn't die and he had a grand scheme to be revealed next episode, but ya, I thought he was way our of charachter

if you mean you came up with the theory up the thread, I missed it, so if you did then big brains think alike

Ahhh,
quickly fix your spoiler tags!
:)

I think the professor forsaw him being turned to dust, hence he asked storm to replace him

Big Brains must think alike!

Vanquished said:
Ahhh,

I think the professor forsaw him being turned to dust, hence he asked storm to replace him
aha

there ya go. I think you are a genious then

I must be! :)
Did anyone not like Gene in this movie? she kinda pissed me off in this movie...

Oops, oh well...
I still don't like her in this... To angry :(

personally I don't think everyone died, I think they'll find a way to resurect these charachters

Well there was that pointless scene about people getting their minds put into other empty vessels.

So what happened at the end Saz? I had to get out of there so missed it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Electronic Punk said:
personally I don't think everyone died, I think they'll find a way to resurect these charachters

Well there was that pointless scene about people getting their minds put into other empty vessels.

bingo

Electronic Punk said:
So what happened at the end Saz? I had to get out of there so missed it.

Fine fine :)

At the beginning of the movie, X is talking to the kids about ethics and there is a video clip of a comatose guy and a doctor called Moira.

At the end, the comatose man is shown from behind. He gently grabs her hand and says "hello moira".

She looks startled and then squints a little and says.... "charles?"

:smoker:

Sazar said:
Fine fine :)

At the beginning of the movie, X is talking to the kids about ethics and there is a video clip of a comatose guy and a doctor called Moira.

At the end, the comatose man is shown from behind. He gently grabs her hand and says "hello moira".

She looks startled and then squints a little and says.... "charles?"

:smoker:
muwahahaha

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back