[Movie Review] Underworld Evolution

Son Goku

No lover of dogma
I saw this Friday night, but might go see it again as I was rather tired Friday and had some trouble staying awake. Between neighbors, and also having a 10 am class now (which I took earlier, as I'm in the process of securing employment, so wanted to leave the better part of the day), I was dog tired all day, and no doubt missed part of the plot and stuff becuase...

Anyhow, this is part 2 to the former Underworld movie, and in some ways builds upon it. The scenes weren't entirely predictable however (it did have some unexpected twists). This included who some of the bad guys (OK, they're all Vampires and Werewolfs ;) ) were, with some of the battle lines having been drawn in ways, I at least wasn't expecting from the first movie.

Some parts, might leave the viewer with a WTF moment
such as when the Vampire/Werewolf hybrid that the main character in the movie was protecting had died, and yet latter on seemed to be alive and well as if nothing ever happened. How this was so, was never really explained in the script, and perhaps could have borne some explanation.

Some of the other unexpected outcomes, which also keeps the movie from being too predictable, are that the very first Werewolf and the very first Vampire, who was not the character that was previously presented as such, were in fact brothers. I'm not sure what their father would be described as however, beings that he was the progenator of both lines, and not really a manifestation of either.

It was worth a loo, for entertainment value, and for the non-predictable nature in the movie. 4/5 OSNN stars

Will be seeing this soon I hope, don't expect too much from it.

really want to see this, but none of the cinemas in my city have it. Or at least their websites all say they arent showing any films at the current time.

I really liked the first one. Looking forward to seeing this too, but I have too many things to do this week.
Maybe on Friday, let's see. :)

An interesting movie. Good concepts, good ideas and I loved how they tied things from the first movie into the second.

The action, the acting and the characters were also more varied.

There is a lot more going on than we were led to believe in the first but at the same time a lot of the things touched on or mentioned in the first movie show up or are an integral part of this movie.

Recommended watching for those who are fans of this genre and simple action flicks. There is plenty of blood in this movie but the movie moves briskly.

The only downside for me was that I knew what the heck was going to happen from the opening scenes to a degree. After that, I just let the movie take me along and forgot a lot about the plot :cool:

3.5/5 OSNN stars. Above average movie and a worthy sequel to a good movie.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back