[Movie Review] The Da Vinci Code

Discussion in 'Entertainment & Sports' started by gonaads, May 21, 2006.

1. gonaads

gonaads Beware the G-Man Political User Folding Team

Well I went to see it around noon. I will say if you have read the book it will leave you thinking, why did they leave that out, and why did they show it like that? Now if you have not read the book it will be a bit long winded. It moves a bit like the book with the occasional bits of action and suspense. The scenes and scenery are plesant but sometimes odd. The characters are well played but at times a couple of them looked a bit one dimensional. Also for those that have not read the book, it will leave you thinking quite a bit as to the whole idea that the movie shows you. It's not bad but in my opinion it didn't do the book as much justice as it deserves. All in all an O.K. movie, you might want to see it twice for the simple reason of if you missed anything the first time (this, for the non-readers :p).

I give it 3 1/2 OSNN stars out of 5.

2. Perris Calderon

Perris Calderon Moderator Staff Member Political User

Re: The Da Vinci Code: Review

nice, I'm gunta see it now, catcha latah

3. madmatt

madmatt Bow Down to the King Political User

Going Tuesday... will share my thoughts then.

4. NetRyder

NetRyder Tech Junkie Folding Team

Was going to go for the opening screening. Had a project deadline, so I'm going tomorrow afternoon instead.
    Some of my friends watched it and they said that while it's not exceptionally good (as it could have been), it's certainly not as bad as the critics made it out to be.

5. kcnychief

kcnychief █▄█ ▀█▄ █ Political User Folding Team

I posted about it in the other thread, but I saw and liked it :)

I don't have some of the background as I haven't read the book, but I thought the story and movie really kept your attention :)

6. BouncingSoul

BouncingSoul Stranger Than Fiction Political User

It was extremely okay. There were places where it followed the book too well and other places that meandered away from the book. I hated lots of the dialogue and it was HEAVY on exposition, like towards the begining when the DCP approach Langdon, the first thing the officer says is "I'm with the DCP, the French version of the FBI". Why say it like that? You show me a badge and say you're with an organization thats all you should need to hear.

I also didn't like some of the choices they made for visuals, lots of it looked like "A Beautful Mind". Like when Langdon is thinking, we see things flying through the air around him and stuff getting spot shadowed on the walls. That's cheap story telling there. Another thing, I swear when they showed the seige on the holy land during that flashback it looked like they lifted it right out of the seige on Minas Tirith from Return of the King. I guess I didn't expect too much so I was pleasantly surprised. I'd say 3 outta 5 is a pretty good score.

7. gonaads

gonaads Beware the G-Man Political User Folding Team

Ummmm, [​IMG] Yeah...

[​IMG]

J/K [​IMG]

*runs far far away*

8. Jumanji

Jumanji OSNN One Post Wonder

Davinci's code ???????

Has anyone a review for this movie and explain to me why some people are against te thriller ???????

9. madmatt

madmatt Bow Down to the King Political User

Threads merged.

10. dracq

dracq OSNN One Post Wonder

i read the book an yes i agree i was actually quite annoyed by how they butched the film it was like what they do to any thing that actually is decent they cut it up an make money off of it no matter how bad it destroys a work of art ...

we are too busy moving forward with out taking time to see what we are passing up ...