[Movie Review] Snakes on a Plane

Discussion in 'Entertainment & Sports' started by BouncingSoul, Aug 19, 2006.

1. BouncingSoul

BouncingSoul Stranger Than Fiction Political User

SNAKES ON A MOTHERF*CKING PLANE YO!!!

Okay, got that out of my system.

This movie is critic proof. Everyone knows it's going to be cheesy, everyone knows the premise is ludicrous and everyone knows EVERYONE will see it. God the internet is great. To think that a single screenwriter talks about how great this thing could be in his blog and suddenly its everywhere. That's how all this got started if you didn't know, check it out here:

http://hucksblog.blogspot.com/2005_08_01_hucksblog_archive.html

Josh Friedman wrote War of the World and the upcoming Black Dahlia so he's not just some nut job, he's a great writer and his blog is genius!

Anyway. The movie. IT DOESN'T SUCK!!!

In fact it's a damn fine piece of B movie. Yes the plot is dumb, yes the acting is pretty weak (except for Sam, he's brilliant as usual) yes the effects are poor at best and in fact, it's not really scary. But it is hilarious, and not in that it's so bad its good kind of way either. It's got some great one liners, and the first few deaths are classics. And if that's not enough for you there is the scene that will be quoted from here until the end of time. The camera centers on Sam, the other characters are silent, there is no music, he sighs and then.... THAT'S IT, I WANT THESE MOTHERF*CKING SNAKES OFF MY MOTHERF*CKING PLANE. Hearing that, I now know I can die in peace. Do yourselfs a favor, leave your brain at the door and go see Snakes on a Plane.

My final score ... 4/5 OSNN Stars. Like I said though, critic proof, no one really cares how many stars it gets.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2006
  2. Aprox

Aprox Moderator Political User

I havnt seen it myself, but I think you hit the nail on the head when you say no one really cares how many stars it gets... I know I will go see it. :)

3. Grandmaster

Grandmaster Electronica Addict Political User Folding Team

No way. I knew there was something up when I saw the absolutely absurd trailer :D

4. ming

ming OSNN Advanced

Critic proof??? well, i heard that they didn't even bother showing to the critics before general release. lol.

5. SPeedY_B

SPeedY_B I may actually be insane.

Correct. :)

I need to see this film :D

6. NetRyder

NetRyder Tech Junkie Folding Team

My brother watched it today...said it was hilarious. I want to go check it out this weekend. :D

7. kcnychief

kcnychief █▄█ ▀█▄ █ Political User Folding Team

I've heard it was pretty funny as well - have to admit it's creative that's for sure :D

8. Tittles

Tittles Dabba Dooba Political User

They already have shirts that say the quote about the mother****ing snakes lol