[Movie Review] Slumdog Millionaire

Discussion in 'Entertainment & Sports' started by BouncingSoul, Dec 27, 2008.

1. BouncingSoul

BouncingSoul Stranger Than Fiction Political User

I can't review this film without giving away too much. It's really best if you don't know too much about it. It's a story of rising up from nothing to become a hero, its about family, its about love and destiny. It's magical.

4.5/5 OSNN Stars. I'd love to give it that extra .5 star, the movie earned it. It's just really hard to give a rating like that. But it is a great film.

2. Sazar

Sazar F@H - Is it in you? Staff Member Political User Folding Team

I am not sure I would go so far as to say it is a story of rising up from nothing to become a hero, but the movie does have some good moments to it.

The pacing starts of seemingly ragged but it is almost as if it is done on purpose. It gathers some momentum in the middle and then flounders a little at the end with some ultra-cliched moments.

I found my favorite moments were when the child actors were on the screen. A lot of times, they outshone the adult actors, especially in the middle part of the movie but there were some standouts too. The main actor plays his role almost with a sense of pathos and he is the link throughout the entire movie for the story that is told.

It is a different kind of movie, cliched yes, but different nonetheless. It is stark and sometimes very realistic and poignant. Yes, most of the things shown to happen do actually do happen in Bombay/Mumbai.

4/5 OSNN stars.