[Movie Review] Shrek the 3'rd

Sazar

Rest In Peace
I liked the first Shrek (best of the lot I reckon) and the second one was decent because of the characters and the story kind of stretched nicely without seeming strained.

Here, for the third installment, Hollywood is 2 for 2 with a craptacular installment as they continue to milk once promising franchises.

I enjoyed many segments and the voice-acting is decent enough, although none of the enthusiasm is there. Puss in Boots could have done with more screentime and the whole body switcherooni thing just didn't work IMO. I preferred Donkey when he was being... well... a donkey.

The story sucks, pure and simple. There is no story. It's a premise that leads nowhere. The values introduced in the first and followed through in the second make token visits in this movie. The humour is, ok, but nowhere near the topnotch level of the first 2.

There are, frankly, too many characters, a la Spidercrap 3.

And finally, Justin Timberlake may be able to sing and dance, he can even act a little. However, his voice-acting is pathetic at best. There is NO emotion, NO redeeming value for the character he is portraying and no matter how much Eddie Murphy tries, his enthusiasm simply doesn't carry to the other characters who sound tired and old.

2/5 OSNN stars. I await the POTC - 3 movie eagerly but hope that THAT is a better movie than Spidey and Shrek ended up being.

Fwiw, compared to Spiderman, Shrek was a work of art.

2/5 OSNN stars. I await the POTC - 3 movie eagerly but hope that THAT is a better movie than Spidey and Shrek ended up being.
As long as it's better than the 2nd one. Pirates 2 was just total crap.. at the end of it, I just thought that it was a super long trailer for part 3.. I'm hoping that pirates follows in the footsteps of the back to the future franchise where the 2nd one sucked and lead to a better 3rd installment.

I thought Keira was perfect comic relief in 2. Two whole hours of eye candy :)

Early reviews suggest it should have been called Shrek the Turd :lick:

I saw Shrek last night and it definitely didn't hold a candle to the first two. The story was pretty weak, and the really laugh-out-loud parts were not frequent enough. I wouldn't see it again.

3/5 OSNN Stars

i'll probably wait to watch this on video. My daughter went to a birthday party at the theatre to watch this already and I think my wife went along to see it with them..

But me, I'll probably wait since it has gotten such disappointing reviews everywhere I look.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back