[Movie Review] Hancock

Discussion in 'Entertainment & Sports' started by Sazar, Jul 2, 2008.

1. Sazar

Sazar F@H - Is it in you? Staff Member Political User Folding Team

Watched the movie last night with great anticipation. Considering the calibre of some of the actors, I was expected something good.

Well, it was passable :(

The movie's pacing, development and overall feel are far from polished. It's almost as if there are huge chunks missing. Fortunately, Will Smith has enough charisma to carry the movie and lift it above mediocrity.

There are some laugh out loud moments but they are few and far between. There is a lot of soul-searching and some stupid plot development moments.

Charlize Theron looks great but is wasted in her role. Bateman does a decent job and some of the other characters stand out in bit parts but overall it just seems a mis-matched setup.

So, in conclusion, superior to Wanted, which was a pile of crap, but FAR short of the classic stature of Wall-E.

Still, enough bangs and booms to keep people interested.

3.5/5 OSNN Stars for the idea but big negatives for the plodding plot.

2. mlakrid

mlakrid OSNN BASSMASTER Political User Folding Team

OUCH...

:(

Sad to hear... I was wanting to see this pretty badly...

Mike A!

3. madmatt

madmatt Bow Down to the King Political User

I think everyone knew this Will Smith movie wasn't going to be as good.

4. sean.ferguson

sean.ferguson Moderator Folding Team

I sounded good, and looked good in the trailers. But something was always in the back of my head that this wouldnt be as good as it should be. Will have to still see it nonetheless, to settle my own curiousity! :)

5. Mizzle

Mizzle Oh, now I know...!

How did you see it? I thought it wasn't in cinemas yet?

:)

6. gonaads

gonaads Beware the G-Man Political User Folding Team

They had "sneak peeks" in various cities in various theaters.

I think it's getting to the point that we should not go into these movies with the anticipation that they are going to be outstanding. We should go and see them with the feeling they will suck. Then if by the off chance they are fairly decent we will be happier with the outcome than being disappointed. And if they are great, well that much better for us. We are always saying, "Oh it's gonna be bad ass, it's gonna be great. I can't wait to see this movie... blah blah blah". Better to say, "Ehhh, we'll see. It will probably suck anyway. But hey, I'll go and see it just because it looks interesting".

7. Mizzle

Ah, I see.

Ah well, a bit disappointing. Was looking forward to this one. I kinda like the idea of a drunk, homeless super hero who doesn't give a **** about others :D

8. Sazar

Sazar F@H - Is it in you? Staff Member Political User Folding Team

You can still watch it :)

It's not THAT bad, fairly entertaining in many parts and your opinion will not likely be the same as mine :D

9. gonaads

gonaads Beware the G-Man Political User Folding Team

I will be seeing this flick as I also like the idea of a drunk, homeless super hero who doesn't give a crap about others. Could be fun, and you'll never know unless ya go.

10. {DAreDevil}

{DAreDevil} OSNN One Post Wonder

i watched this movie. it was ok but would not prefer to watch it second time

11. Mizzle

That's true :)

Maybe, just maybe, I'll go ;)