[Movie Review] Doom

Discussion in 'Entertainment & Sports' started by Mainframeguy, Dec 1, 2005.

1. Mainframeguy

Mainframeguy Debiant by way of Ubuntu Folding Team

OK - I appologise to anyone who reads this and expects full on review right now - but this movie is showing tomorrow night at my local flicks and... whilst I expect to hate the movie... in honour of OSNN I will go see and review tomorrow night, if no one else would like to post a review here first?

I just thought with all our stateside members it may be enough that I started the thread already - and that way I'll be able to hang out on forums tomorrow instead of going to the movies hehe :p

2. SPeedY_B

SPeedY_B I may actually be insane.

I think a few people have already seen the film, and have summarised it to be pretty crap :p

3. Mainframeguy

thanks for the review!

Seriously a review needs to say WHY you reach the conclusion and any redeeming points along the way - I do not doubt you are right and thanks for trying to save me from a crap movie - but the point is a review mebbe?

4. SPeedY_B

Just saying that was the general gist I got from others people's posts. I still have every intention of going to see the film myself, regardless :)

5. falconguard

falconguard Carbon based lifeform Political User Folding Team

Mfg You keep going to see movies like that and I'm going to have to reissue your man card!

Remember--explosions, some kind of chase scene, any kind of body count (including natural death) kinda masculine:laugh:

6. Mainframeguy

OK - I admit - I didn't go.....

but it did give me a chance to configure my ATI card with Ubuntu to give dual monitor support! And when the beer wears off, if i can remember how I did it, I'll post something on that instead, OK? Anyone that does go can post on here their review, because from what I have heard I do not think it is a movie I am going to see...

7. Grandmaster

Grandmaster Electronica Addict Political User Folding Team

Sazar did a review for it pre-database screw up. Do a MSN/Google search ;)

8. SPeedY_B

9. Went and saw it 2 hours ago. Loved it!
    Typically male film - women stay away!
    To hell with the storyline (get it, see what I did there?), it's just about shooting everything. Testosterone and adrenaline fuelled junk, with a hot chick. That's all I need to keep me entertained!