[Movie Review] Batman: The Dark Knight

that's really a well put together revue, I was going to see this on a regular screen but now I must Imax it

sazar, quick question, has there ever been a movie in the history of all movies that earns 5 osnn stars?
I disagree with the Imax thing. I saw this on a DLP screen and an IMAX screen and I had a much better experience at the DLP screening. The sound was better, and the picture quality was amazing. At the IMAX i went to the sound was so lound that it made metal rattle in the theatre which just annoyed the crap out of me.
In my opinion, if you have the possibility to see it in DLP, go do that.

Sazar, WALL-E got 5 stars in your mind? I mean it was good, but 5... :)
How about Toy Story.

Not all IMAX theaters are created the same, just like not all DLP theaters are created the same.

The digital theater here has the same problem you experienced, too loud. The IMAX theater just has superior image quality (resolution) and typically has much higher quality audio. Can't vouch for them all but that's what should be expected.

Re: Wall-E, the movie was engaging on many different levels and far exceeded my expectations on so many levels. It was a touching movie and it's unfortunate that so many have written it off and not watched it simply because it was a "cartoon". My review of it made it clear why I thought it was a 5. You don't have to agree with it :)

Only 2 movies on my list Perris.

Seven Samurai and Wall-E

Both VERY excellent movies..

Still haven't gotten a chance to see Batman yet.. although my wife snuck out some time last weekend while I was home with the kdis to watch it.

And a wonderful review Saz.. If I were to review Saz's review, I'd have to give it a 5/5.. provided excellent info without using any spoiler tags - and that's not easy to do!

edit: Gah! was going to rep your review Saz, but I must spread it around some :(

I saw the movie yesterday in IMAX and loved it. I think the IMAX I went to wasn't top notch, but the movie was absolutely amazing.

Good reviews guys!

I saw the movie yesterday in IMAX and loved it. I think the IMAX I went to wasn't top notch, but the movie was absolutely amazing.

Good reviews guys!
Hey KC which one did you go to?
I went to the Verizon IMAX (At Jordan's furniture in Natick) As it was the closest to me.

A religious experience.

As a psychologist, particularly awesome to me was the portrayal of the "human psyche", as Sazar put it.

I haven't enjoyed a movie like this since Two Towers.

5/5

If they had Jessica Biel playing Rachel, I would proclaim it as the best movie evah.

But I guess casting someone that looks like their brother was intentional?

She has a little more resemblance to Katie Holmes than Biel does. Plus, she's actually a good actress. Her looks are unfortunate but c'est la vie. I wouldn't call her beautiful but she is interesting to look at.

The Joker's performance in this movie was absolutely awesome. The shifting of the eyes, the crazed look. I have yet to see another movie where someone pulls it off that well. The face paint that was smeared made it even better.

As for OSNN.net stars, I personally would give it a 4.5/5. The chick was not hot at all, and meant I developed no sympathy for her, and her struggle between two guys, one being Batman and the other being the Chief Prosecutor.

i seen this movie earlier, lived up to the hype - which is a rare thing for a movie to do lately

did you know that there is also an animated "dark knight" film :p

It's not that great.

I saw the shorts and they leave a lot to be desired honestly. I thought the Animatrix shorts were far superior.

The Joker's performance in this movie was absolutely awesome. The shifting of the eyes, the crazed look. I have yet to see another movie where someone pulls it off that well. The face paint that was smeared made it even better.

As for OSNN.net stars, I personally would give it a 4.5/5. The chick was not hot at all, and meant I developed no sympathy for her, and her struggle between two guys, one being Batman and the other being the Chief Prosecutor.

V for Vendetta. Hugo Weaving's portrayal of V was superior to Heath's Joker because he managed to convey emotions and angst, anger and courage, hatred and invoke fear all without even revealing his face. It was just his voice and body language and it was an exceptional performance.

I just saw the Dark Knight for a third time, at 10:30 tonight. and it was still a sold out show. At the theater where I work, it has been sold out all week, no matter the time...
How ridiculous is this?

Saw it the other evening, brilliant film but I kept thinking throughout that batman really needed Ricola or something. I mean I know he can't use the same voice as Bruce in case someone notices but does he have to sound like hes got the sore throat from hell?

I just saw the Dark Knight for a third time, at 10:30 tonight. and it was still a sold out show. At the theater where I work, it has been sold out all week, no matter the time...
How ridiculous is this?
I'd go see it again actually - saw a clip yesterday of the Joker and made me want to go see it again!

I'd go see it again actually - saw a clip yesterday of the Joker and made me want to go see it again!
No it was definitely worth seeing it again. Just wish I didn't see it too late, because by the third time in a week there was no suspense to keep me awake tile 1:30 in the morning :p. The theatre was so packed that people even sat on the stairs.

Indeed. Joker made this movie. It was an alright movie, nothing super. Without the Joker (played as well as this) it would really only be average at best. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back