Mouse problems?

T

Timeo27

Ok, here's the deal. For the past few days, I've found myself having to click several times on buttons, toolbars, that are single-click items. And sometimes I have to click three or four times just to select an icon on the desktop, and then a couple more times to try and run it with a double click. It's sort of an on and off thing, sometimes everything works ok and then occasionally I start having problems again. And there are in between stages where only some of them things I click have this problem. So far, it's only the left/primary button. It's hard to explain, but I think that there could be something wrong with my mouse.

I checked my Mouse properties under control panel to see if anything had been changed like double-click speed, but everything was fine. The mouse is about two years old, and it sounds insane to think that I could have "overclicked" it and that it's starting to go bad.

I'm not averse to buying a new mouse (I've been wanting one for quite some time now, anyway) it's just that it's really a hard problem to actually convince my dad that there is something wrong, so if anyone has any suggestions or info, they'd be greatly appreciated.

I know what you say, believe me. I have faced it several times with my 4 year old Mitsumi Serial two button mouse. It first happened an year ago. I cleaned the rollers with "surgical spirit" and it came back to normal. Then it happened again in last March. It was much severe. I couldn't make it work after cleaning as I did before. But some days after, when I cleaned it again, it came back to normal. There is no software problem I reckon, so clean teh rollers and see. I think the problem is overclicking the button. The catalog which came with my Mouse also had said that it can support upto 1 million clicks.
--------------------------------------------------
AMD K6-2 500MHz
A-Trend ATC5200M Motherboard
192MB PC100 RAM
14" SPC SVGA Monitor
ATI RAGE 128PRO 32MB Video Card
Yamaha OPL-SAX Sound Card
Quantum Fireball 20GB
56K Conexant Modem
Mitsumi Keyboard/Mouse (Serial)
SONY 40X/52X CD ROM
-------------------------------------------------

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back