Mouse acceleration solved

Fist of Fury

OSNN Newbie
I have been struggling with XP and their stupid acceleration for 3 years.

Everytime you reboot no matter what mouse driver I tried Kensington Logitch whatever..XP takes over and the speed goes loony ....TW Golf I play and accceleration/tempo is all important.

It suddenly occured to me that if XP is kicking in how can I stop it........Answer is so easy I could kick my self.

Simply turn off Windows file protection..If you don't know hoy...Get a hold of WinXP Manager...go to customization.........tick the box "Turn of Windows File Protection.

Reinstall your mouse driver

Works like a charm.

NOTE: If you are going to install anything new turn it back on as a precaution and when finished reinstall your driver again and turn it off after.

Kensington: I tried to install a new Sounblaster Audigy and it just kept crashing. The reason was a file called KMW.....Dll....came up on the XP message "This program had to Close" thing........I uninstalled my Kensington Mouse, cleaned my registry and my SB drivers installed without a hitch. In fact everytime I check my registry for faults the Kensington Driver comes up as a high priority error.....saying it is "set to delete"....so if you use a registry cleaner make sure you unclick anything that relates to your mouse driver or start up......cos if you delete them you are back to square one with acceleration.......This is my personal experience
and I have had long conversations with Kensington who say there is no conflict with XP..........well I have had 3 years of hell that say there is a conflict but it's Windows to blame not Kensington.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back