Motorola V600 and USB lead.. uses....

Mainframeguy

Debiant by way of Ubuntu
well now I have had a mosey around before making this thread and found a couple of others - like this and this

But I thought I would start another, both for my particular brand/model of phone, but also because I have a much more open agenda on what I am prepared to achieve with the USB lead. There was some software with it and I have managed to utilize that to get my address book copied to the PC, which is one thing. I'd like to extend that function - believe it will do music and pics no problem (just not at all sure I will use them).

In one way what would really suit me would be if my phoen could be hacked back so that it acted like a brick! Now I bet there are no retro hacks out there to do anything even close to that!

Anyway - point is the only flash/flex software I have tried is PST (see here) and seems to just lead to sending an error report at start of it's processing (this after a Looooong time getting the software in place and all the drivers in as they want them to be - with all clear in Dev Manager etc).

So the only one I tried is a failure to date - and I am completely open about what I try and what I am prepared to do - only proviso is I would prefer not to turn phone into a paper weight - but that goes without saying I guess....

look forward to hearing what OSNN folks do....

Un4g1ven mentioned mobile phone tools (here) , which I have downloaded and installed. Looks very cute - but does not go beyond "initializing" with my phone plugged in - so could well be "shelf ware" rather than software, given that it is not doing anything....

^bump^ for anyone else - does not have to be this model or anything... I have never had any 2G never mind 3G phone so I am not at all sure what I want to do with it.... probably not a lot from the experience so far - but maybe I should consider diary functions etc? Also if I experiment with cam - will either want to take pics to PC or else I'll be buying bluetooth dongle for my printer (£30 for a convenience factor).... anyone got any opinions or experience there? Have separate Digital Video Cam that takes pics too at 4.8 Mpixels - assumed that is better option but do not know for sure..... plus phone is more likely to be about my person for those impulse moments I guess....

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back