Motorola V600 and USB lead.. uses....

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Mainframeguy, Mar 23, 2005.

1. Mainframeguy

Mainframeguy Debiant by way of Ubuntu Folding Team

well now I have had a mosey around before making this thread and found a couple of others - like this and this

But I thought I would start another, both for my particular brand/model of phone, but also because I have a much more open agenda on what I am prepared to achieve with the USB lead. There was some software with it and I have managed to utilize that to get my address book copied to the PC, which is one thing. I'd like to extend that function - believe it will do music and pics no problem (just not at all sure I will use them).

In one way what would really suit me would be if my phoen could be hacked back so that it acted like a brick! Now I bet there are no retro hacks out there to do anything even close to that!

Anyway - point is the only flash/flex software I have tried is PST (see here) and seems to just lead to sending an error report at start of it's processing (this after a Looooong time getting the software in place and all the drivers in as they want them to be - with all clear in Dev Manager etc).

So the only one I tried is a failure to date - and I am completely open about what I try and what I am prepared to do - only proviso is I would prefer not to turn phone into a paper weight - but that goes without saying I guess....

look forward to hearing what OSNN folks do....

2. Mainframeguy

Mainframeguy Debiant by way of Ubuntu Folding Team

Un4g1ven mentioned mobile phone tools (here) , which I have downloaded and installed. Looks very cute - but does not go beyond "initializing" with my phone plugged in - so could well be "shelf ware" rather than software, given that it is not doing anything....

^bump^ for anyone else - does not have to be this model or anything... I have never had any 2G never mind 3G phone so I am not at all sure what I want to do with it.... probably not a lot from the experience so far - but maybe I should consider diary functions etc? Also if I experiment with cam - will either want to take pics to PC or else I'll be buying bluetooth dongle for my printer (£30 for a convenience factor).... anyone got any opinions or experience there? Have separate Digital Video Cam that takes pics too at 4.8 Mpixels - assumed that is better option but do not know for sure..... plus phone is more likely to be about my person for those impulse moments I guess....