Motorola SLVR - It's Here

I purchased one last friday night and it is wonderful. The camera seems better than the razrv3(my previous phone)the video recorder goes for 30 seconds and when i got mine it came iwth a 512mb transflash card. Loaded 100 songs easily but it takes a while and it only holds 100 songs regardless of size. other than that its about hte same. It gets alot of looks and questions at school . PM me if you have any other questions.

The SLVR doesn't look like a biscuit right? Unless a biscuit is really flat, i think that the PEBL is a biscuit phone. Disregaurd this entire statement if you were talking about the ROKR, but i still think the PEBL is a biscuit phone.
- Jack

RAZR is a comb, SLVR a comb that doesnt flip, PEBL is a bisuit phone then, and the ROKR is a fat boy.

bobsalot said:
RAZR is a comb, SLVR a comb that doesnt flip, PEBL is a bisuit phone then, and the ROKR is a fat boy.
I like your vision...
- Jack

I just bought the SLVR, my husband has the RAZR, I think they're both really cool, they do pretty much everything, I hope I dont have any trouble trying to download the songs... or it will be worthless!!! any tips? or secrets I should know?

Nope :)
I have the razr, its the old old razr so i cant tell you anything there...
However, my friend has the Slvr and said it was really easy to get the songs on the phone, just said it takes a while to transfer :)
-Jack

856logan said:
I purchased one last friday night and it is wonderful. The camera seems better than the razrv3(my previous phone)the video recorder goes for 30 seconds and when i got mine it came iwth a 512mb transflash card. Loaded 100 songs easily but it takes a while and it only holds 100 songs regardless of size. other than that its about hte same. It gets alot of looks and questions at school . PM me if you have any other questions.
Do you know how to download pictures or videos to the computer??

Vanquished said:
Did you try a program like mobiledit?
You might want to go peruse some of the razr threads... And ask there
They are:
http://forum.osnn.net/showthread.php?t=79866

http://forum.osnn.net/showthread.php?t=79510

Hope it somewhat helps :)
-Jack

mobiledit only works with the razr, and by the way.. you can only use it for a few days and then you have to pay. I tried downloading the Motorola Phone Tool but it looks like it only works for the razr too. I'm getting crazy here, I want to download my pictures and create ring tones!! helppppppppp:dead:

Looks like nobody has too much to say about the slvr. I have spent hours and hours trying to figure out how to use it. Here is what I found:
You dont need the iTunes program. Just plug the phone in to your computer, go to my computer and then to the slvr file, there, you can just "copy and paste" pictures, songs, rings, etc... very easy!

Last edited:
chilenilla said:
Looks like nobody has too much to say about the slvr. I have sent hours and hours trying to figure out how to use it. Here is what I found:
You dont need the iTunes program. Just plug the phone in to your computer, go to my computer and then to the slvr file, there, you can just "copy and paste" pictures, songs, rings, etc... very easy!
I tried the exact same thing,,but no music will play (MP3's)

In the menu it has MP3's = No...
can that be changed?

chilenilla said:
Looks like nobody has too much to say about the slvr. I have sent hours and hours trying to figure out how to use it. Here is what I found:

I got a older version of phone tools to install, then it upgraded itself (took a while) after that I had no problems..
EXCEPT for uninstalling my version that I had installed, and reinstalling another version on the net (was curious), and pooched it.
Now I can't do what I did before.... really sucks.. (doesn't see the phone)

flir48 said:
I tried the exact same thing,,but no music will play (MP3's)

In the menu it has MP3's = No...
can that be changed?

I was wrong, you do need the programm for the songs, but when I plug my phone into a computer without iTunes it lets me explore files, copy and past ringtones, and pictures.

flir48 said:
I got a older version of phone tools to install, then it upgraded itself (took a while) after that I had no problems..
EXCEPT for uninstalling my version that I had installed, and reinstalling another version on the net (was curious), and pooched it.
Now I can't do what I did before.... really sucks.. (doesn't see the phone)

Motorola phone tool didnt work with my slvr, but can do same things without it

chilenilla said:
Motorola phone tool didnt work with my slvr, but can do same things without it

• I finally go phone tools to work (a xp reinstall did the trick)
  • I have ver 2 and installed it and I didn't let it detect my phone.
  • I then went to bvr software tech site... and downloaded the live update program.
  • I then ran liveupdate (c:\program files\liveupdate\lupdate.exe).
It downloaded all the updates to my machine. There is a lot and it took like 4 reboots till it was all said an done - current version 4.04.
After that it detected my phone on startup and sync'd with my Lotus Notes.

The question I have to this is it d/l's the updates to the AllUsers\Application Data\BvrSoftware\liveupdate folder....then deletes then after the installation.
I tried to capture them, but the file type is IFO and I don't know what program to use to extract the updates so I don't have to d/l them again....
Ideas anyone?

flir48 said:
  • I finally go phone tools to work (a xp reinstall did the trick)
  • I have ver 2 and installed it and I didn't let it detect my phone.
  • I then went to bvr software tech site... and downloaded the live update program.
  • I then ran liveupdate (c:\program files\liveupdate\lupdate.exe).
It downloaded all the updates to my machine. There is a lot and it took like 4 reboots till it was all said an done - current version 4.04.
After that it detected my phone on startup and sync'd with my Lotus Notes.

The question I have to this is it d/l's the updates to the AllUsers\Application Data\BvrSoftware\liveupdate folder....then deletes then after the installation.
I tried to capture them, but the file type is IFO and I don't know what program to use to extract the updates so I don't have to d/l them again....
Ideas anyone?

so, what can you do with this program? anything special?? does it detect your slvr?

Motorola has an exclusive deal with Cingular and they get first dibs on new Motorola phones (with exception of Nextel type phones). That's why Cingular gets the coolest Motorola phones

really now? well..... it's been a month or two.... and Cingular still don't have the Motorola PEBL which i SOOOOOOO..... kinda want (debating if buyin a new celly is worth it.... since i rarely ever really use the one i have). T-Mobile has had it pretty much since it was released... but nope... not Cingular.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back