motherboard upgrade.. worth it, or not?

S

scorpious

Im thinking of boosting my PC, and was thinking of getting a new motherboard that will let me run my ATI @ x8 AGP. Ive read alot about people unable to get the ATI cards to run @8x AGP even though the board might support it.

Which motherboards can support x8 successfully, I was thinking of either the..
MSI KT4 (the v or ultra) or ABIT KD7 but can yu recommend any other or these mentioned?.

Thanks.

Scorp.

I wouldn't bother with the upgrade if I were you. AGP 8x doesn't make all that much difference and doesn't justify the price of a new motherboard. Maybe that's just me though, wait for some other opinions...

Originally posted by scorpious
Im thinking of boosting my PC, and was thinking of getting a new motherboard that will let me run my ATI @ x8 AGP.
getting a new board to utilize agp8x is not worth it. you'll gain maybe 200 3dmarks at the most and no real gain in any games. lots of other people will confirm this.

Thanks, I kinda thought that , but wanted to confirm it.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back