Motherboard Supports...

I can't find them on any store, what do you mean the model number is not accurate but the features are?

I have not seen a Q9400, as listed in the article. I have seen the Q9300 and the Q9450 (which I have).

I am sorry if I am not understanding you....

you said save some money and get either the Q9300 or the Q9450, if these are the newer quadcores would they not be more expensive? Plus if I can't find them in retail stores or online stores, they don't seem useful to me lol All I found on them was they were released in March, hmmm.

Found it

http://www.ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=29316&vpn=EU80569PJ067N&manufacture=Intel

and this was the one I was getting...

http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=2643933

which is cheaper and I can overclock it to be faster then the Q9450

/me shoots self in the head

Ok, again, please explain exactly what it is you are looking to do with this system. If you are not entirely sure yourself, play it safe and buy the Q6600. In general usage and even in gaming, there is no real performance difference.

The higher FSB and cache will give you better performance on the Q9450 however.

Now, given that you are not sure about a lot of the remaining items on your system, why exactly are you looking to overclock? :smoker:

Saz, I don't get why you are getting frustrated and all.

I have not asked a question about the CPU, you were the one talking about the Q9450 and Q9300, I was already certain about the Q6600, which I said I was going to overclock it (the Q6600) to 3.2Ghz. To me it seems like a good price for abilities. If all you were doing was stated that the Q9450 & the Q9300 are better CPU's then I understand, and thanks, but I don't see how they are.

Q9450 - 2.66Ghz for 379.99

Q9300 - 2.50Ghz for 299.99

Q6600 - 2.4Ghz for 249.97 (341.59 with heatsink, still cheaper then Q9450)

While the Q6600 can be overclocked easily (from many reviews) to 3.2Ghz.

You might have a point with getting the Q9450 since it's higher with 2.66ghz, if I didn't want to overclock anything it would be nice.

Now if I am still sounding like a douche please ignore me lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
No, it's just, you are dropping a hell of a lot of money for a new build that you are putting together yourself :)

Might be easier to start with something a little less... cutting edge :D But, if you know your stuff, you should be fine.

hahah, I am 99% sure I can build the system alright man, have done it many times. And if all fails there are people I can go to, but thanks for the concern...

and how are you keep on replying and playing CSS at the same time? lol

So Vista and my EVGA Nvidia nforce 780i SLI motherboard came today.

I have to say, that is the largest motherboard box I have ever seen!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back