Motherboard question

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Cosmin, Aug 7, 2002.

1. Cosmin

Cosmin Graphic Designer

I have an ECS M830 Sis 735 motherboad momentainly . If anyone know that supports AGP4X ( with AGP2x my system crashes , when I change it to AGP4X not even start = > must reset BIOS :( , hope was not damaged ) please tell me cause I want to send it back from where I've bought if it's true ( time limited .. ) . Thanks a lot for contribution !

2. Cosmin

Cosmin Graphic Designer

I've bought 2 weeks ago a new case : 350W . It crashes when I open folders from HDD or CD - ROM or when I get more " active " . Problem appeared only when my Vodoo3 2000 AGP was replaced by an Leadtek Gf4MX 440 . I don't know what to do .. :(

3. Cosmin

Cosmin Graphic Designer

If I'll go to them with motherboard and ask them if AGP4X is supported they'll say that not ( sure ) :( . That's why I need some suggestions from experienced users or owners ..

4. Kw4ntuM

Kw4ntuM Guest

trade it in for a ecs k7vta3 v2.0.... if ur running an athlon thats what i have and it runs like a charm

5. Taurus

Taurus hardware monkey

cosmin, the board might not be giving enough power to the gf4mx, regardless of the power supply. they do take a lot of power and it's not an uncommon problem.

6. Cosmin

Cosmin Graphic Designer

Kw4ntuM , on yours works with AGP4x ?
    ok thanks , but what can I do in this situation ( 350W ) ?

7. [CpK]Bastid

[CpK]Bastid Guest

cosmin could be that crap card of yours.....no offense

i went thru 2 g4mx440....had same problem as u are....put in a ge3ti500..boom it works...put in a ge4ti4400....boom it works...put in mx card...doh no work

just a suggestion

8. Geffy

Geffy Moderator Folding Team

Some of the GeForce 2 cards have problems with Power Usage and with XP itself. Most of the problems are involved with the MX version of the GF2, but it has affected other GF2 cards. That said I have a GF2 Ti, and I have no problems. I do have an Abit mobo and a 450W PSU though.

9. DeepBlade

DeepBlade Guest

since this is the topic of motherboards, i got a question too

it has come to my attention that i might hafta find out if my motherboard is agp 2.0 compliant (agp 4x).....? and/or, i might hafta flash my motherboard bios........

now.... would anyone.... help me out? i have a compaq, it came with ME, and installed XP on it, so.... ya, i wouldn't know what motherboard i have, nor would i know how to flash it's bios... never tried

10. Cosmin

Cosmin Graphic Designer

No , the Card it's ok - Leadtek :)

11. [CpK]Bastid

[CpK]Bastid Guest

still mx:)

12. Kw4ntuM

Kw4ntuM Guest

i run my radeon 8500 @ agp 4x, on a 350 watt PS on my ECS board...but, they are right, MX's suck, ESPECIALLY LEADTEK...VisionTek and PNY Good...LedTek BAD

ATI...BEST(radeon 9700 pro = orgasmic)

13. Cosmin

Cosmin Graphic Designer

:D , this post will turn on a pathetic discussion ..

14. Taurus

Taurus hardware monkey

does it even have an agp slot? if so, it's at least 2x compliant so 4x cards will work. if you want to know if it's really 4x or not, we'd at least need to know what kind of compaq it is. "presorry-o 4383xqz" or whatnot.

15. DeepBlade

DeepBlade Guest

.....yes, of course it has an AGP slot, i'm not that much of a newb, and i'm not colour blind

compaq 5WV296..... or VW296

16. Taurus

Taurus hardware monkey

17. Cosmin

Cosmin Graphic Designer

watever , my second question now :
    a BIOS update will be able to let me select AGP4x ?

18. Taurus

Taurus hardware monkey

nah... bios updates can't do that. but they're recommended anyway.

19. Cosmin

Cosmin Graphic Designer

not to select off course , cause it's listed there ; I meant to enable it ..