motherboard leads

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by mac1, Jul 5, 2004.

1. mac1

mac1 OSNN Addict

Hi all
    I have a old motherboard which I have fitted to a atx case so I can give it the kids to use as a word-processor and I am having trouble connecting the leads to the motherboard, I have tried to look for a picture to show the connections on the internet without success as the motherboard only has a number "E139761" and not a makers name.
    Can anybody tell me which of the connectors below go where.
    1: HD-LED
    2: Power-SW
    3: Power-LED
    4: Reset-SW
    AS long as I can get it working, I'm not to bothered about the reset-sw.

hope you can help
    mac

2. gonaads

gonaads Beware the G-Man Political User Folding Team

3. gonaads

gonaads Beware the G-Man Political User Folding Team

Is there a serial number anywhere on the board?

4. Howling Wolf

Howling Wolf We did not deserve this !

There's no tiny tiny prints surrounding the connectors ? Strange, I've always seen them on motherboards as a computer tech. ...

5. mac1

mac1 OSNN Addict

I have found out the motherboard, it's a Gatway2000 with a Pentium ll processor, the processor is the long type, not the socket 478 type.
    I changed the powerpack and have managed to get it going, I only have the power-sw attached and would like to get the hd-led and the reset-sw working. would it be alright to just try to connect them to pins to see if they work, a bit doggy maybe?.
    could I wreck the motherboard.
    might be just as well considering the speed of the thing, maybe just as well putting in a better motherboard as I can get a new motherboard s/v + amd2000 processor for about £70 as the case is quite good