motherboard driver

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Punkychan, Nov 19, 2002.

1. Punkychan

Punkychan OSNN Addict

I have a question.I have a motherboard (MSI MS 6318 model with VIA 694T chipset).
    I want to use the mobo to build another PC.I have all the parts but the only problem is I don't have the drivers.(it did not come with the board).Going to the manufacturer's website doesn't help (maybe a discontinue product).My question:
    can I just hook up all the parts and get the 'thing ' running and start installing the OS.I don't really need the latest bios., what I want is just a set up.I plan to instal XP and 1.1 Ghz Celeron.The supports for HD,CPU and RAMs seems okay, will follow the board's specs.What I want to know is it possible to start the everything without the necessary drivers ?Thanks

2. gothic

gothic LinuXPert

You will be able to just "plug-in" and play!! Though obtaining the drivers would be a definite benefit. Window$ XP supports virtually all hardware to some degree or other so go ahead........

Go to http://www.via.com.tw and search out the latest detonator drivers (for MoBo's with via chipsets).

TOK

3. Taurus

Taurus hardware monkey

xp will install fine, especially on older boards... because it has necessary drivers built-in. once you get it up and running, though... it'd be best to go to www.viarena.com and get the latest via drivers and everything. same goes for sound, video, etc.

4. Punkychan

Punkychan OSNN Addict

Sorry a little late, but thanks for all the reply..I will have to start tinkering now.