Motherboard & CPU New

N

Not Bman

I am getting a Satillite Card and well some of you might know my second PCI-E slot is dead on my motherboard. So I am upgrading (i want to anyways)

I have a Asus M2N32-SLI DELUXE right now, is this one better or equal to it. Is it just the Wireless that is missing?

http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?sku=A455-2340

and this is the deal that I think I am going with... if motherboard is ok...

http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=3520085&CatId=2621

That is actually a downgrade, I would actually get another M2N32-SLI DELUXE, or jump to one of the ASUS AMD 790 boards.

How exactly is it a downgrade?

Got a link to one of those AMD 790 boards, maybe with 3.20ghz cpu?

The board you have is running the 590 chipset vs the 500. Your board has true dual 16x SLI, more SATA ports, better audio, dual Gigabit LAN, e-SATA port, more USB, more Firewire, more BIOS control for overclocking.

Dang, and its so much more money, why does mine have to be dead!!!

Oh and another thing, your current board will support AM2+ CPUs, (including Phenom), the other won't.

Cool, I stand corrected. I am going to be making the same upgrade myself. I am still using the socket 939 version of your board.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just checked newegg for the motherboard and its 174, and tigerdirect is 248 but newegg does not ship to canada.

Sorry, I didn't check your location. Too bad you couldn't get someone to order it for you and then send it to you.

I was thinking that, but I don't really have anyone out there. And I don't think anyone would want to do it (as in people I know online).

Gotcha. Well, I hope I helped you out with whats what...

So I searched around on ebay and other places and I just ordered the

AMD Athlon 64 X2 6400+

&

Asus M2N32-SLI Deluxe Wireless Edition

&

AzureWave AD-SE200 Twinhan 1028 Satellite HDTV PCI Card

for a total of $366

Awesome!!!

Now since this is the same exact motherboard as I have in my system right now, im only putting in a new cpu and changing PCI-E slots for my videocard. What problems will I run into? Are there any, do I need to reinstall everything.

Last edited by a moderator:
Everything should just plug and go. You will have to probably reinstall the graphics and chipset drivers, but you should not have to do a full reinstall of windows.

Congrats, on finding the good deals!!!

thanks shamus but I just said I already got everything, but I will check that out for next time.

But when I am installing new motherboard and cpu, should I uninstall the drivers for my videocard and anything else that I moving around?

Since you are changing the vid card slot I would remove the drivers, reboot then go into device manager and remove the display. Shut down and do your change.

I was thinking that, but I don't really have anyone out there. And I don't think anyone would want to do it (as in people I know online).

Doesn't work. Your immigration dept intercepts all tech items and you would have to pay a hefty import duty before they would give it to you. I have a buddy in Nova Scotia and they nailed him for import duty even when I was sending him old used stuff. :(

Does changing the position of the SATA cables for the hard drive make a difference, I believe I have ran into problems with that before.

Sometimes it can rearrange your drive letters, but it should keep them as they are. I just did a major system upgrade, and drives kept their drive letters with exception of the optical drives.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back