Motherboard and 3d card problem

luish

OSNN Senior Addict
Hi!
I have an Intel Seattle 440 BX 2 Mother Board, and my father bought an Inno3d Tornado Geforce 2 MX200 card.

I uninstalled my actual card (voodoo 3 2000), and turn off the pc and put the new agp card.
When I turn on the computer again i hear a beep and nothing happens, the monitor doesn't turn on.

Can anyone help to know what is my problem?
Agp compability?
Or please instruct me how to uninstall the old one and install the new one.

Thank you very much.

well,i don't know alot about intell boards,but check to make sure
you have it seated right, take it out a nd put it back in making sure the card is seated in agp slot firmly. be sure to remove all
your old voodoo drvs BEFORE you install your new ones!
maybe someone using intell can help you further ,best of luck !!:cool:

With Geforce's you need to make sure the card is seated REALLY tight into the slot...I had this same problem when switching from a voodoo to a geforce...just push hard on both ends after making sure it is fully inserted..dont' be scared I was at first, ya wont break it less ya really try heheh

I had the same problem. Tried for weeks something like resloting the card etc... no good. But then I changed monitors with my father.. well what do you know, it worked just fine =)

-Sand-

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back