most compatible 3d cards

apu95

Caffeine-->Code Converter
whats the most compatible 3d card for xp? (in the nvidia or ati families, preferably nvidia)

thx, apu

Both Nvidia and ATI are pretty much compatible with anything. The only problesm ATI had was their drivers use to suck but they have gotten TONS better.

Maybe this is just me, but beware of the nVidia infinite loop issue in XP...it happens to me every day. (But that's just my computer, I used cheap memory as well, and it's a cheap video card (eVga). I love how fast it is though, and just experiment with the Dentonator drivers. I'm using 28.32 and have tried every single set there is save the beta versions. Go

UofEEE are you overclocking your card at all? You shouldent have an infinate loop everyday. I have a gf2mx400 and ive gotten it 3 times all due to overclocking.

The infinite loop issue depends pretty much on your particular hardware, the weather, and how you take your tea. Some folks never have to deal with it, some always do; most of my nVidia-equipped PCs have never experienced it, but the K6-2 in the living room chokes on it every time with drivers higher than 21.xx. It's worth noting that although it's primarily a Geforce issue, some Radeon owners have reportedly been plagued with it, as well.

Your specs Apu95, please !

It depends on the cpu, Athlon4 or P4 ?

In other threads, some discuss problems with AMD+XP+NVIDIA+GAMES and not AMD+XP+ATI+GAMES !

ATI is a good choice also (7500 or 8500), I made it ! And I'm fully satisfied, up to now.
Let's stop claiming Nvidia is the only one video chip maker on our good mother earth, for once !

Originally posted by Daemon
Let's stop claiming Nvidia is the only one video chip maker on our good mother earth, for once !
we're not claiming it's the only one... just the best. :D :cool:

Originally posted by taurus

we're not claiming it's the only one... just the best. :D :cool:
Here here! I second that! :D I have a G-Force II GTS and it does not skip a beat. Thank you very much.

gimme some GTS love, brothah! */high-fives gonaads... no matter how gay that is anymore* :D

most all nvidea chips will work fine with XP, but go with the newist nvidea cards like gf4 ti 4200 and so on, Buts if i was u i'd buy a Visiontek Xtasy ge-force 4, they've done nothin but master the american market.

Originally posted by apu95
whats the most compatible 3d card for xp? (in the nvidia or ati families, preferably nvidia)

thx, apu

Nobody said nothin' about 3dfx cards .. never experienced any problem with voodoo(s)

No, my card isn't overclocked. But, I think it may be the motherboard....

Originally posted by taurus
gimme some GTS love, brothah! */high-fives gonaads... no matter how gay that is anymore* :D
Heh heh heh :p

Re: Re: most compatible 3d cards

Originally posted by Cosmin

Nobody said nothin' about 3dfx cards .. never experienced any problem with voodoo(s)
The Voodoo's died pretty much after the Voodoo4 and 5. The Voodoo5 was... well not even an honerable mention.

For those with infinite loop....Download NVmax...there is actually an option that says it can stop the infinite loop error...I don't know since I've never tried it as I've neer had the error but if your gettin it everyday it's sure worth a shot :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back