More Optimus Keyboard info

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Aprox, Feb 2, 2006.

1. Aprox

Aprox Moderator Political User

2. madmatt

madmatt Bow Down to the King Political User

That's still pretty cool. I'd buy one of the mini's; especially if it comes in a wireless flavor.

3. VenomXt

VenomXt Blame me for the RAZR's Folding Team

eh 3 keys.. maybe if it was numberic pad size. hehe

4. Sazar

Sazar F@H - Is it in you? Staff Member Political User Folding Team

It's complex.

I still don't understand people's fascination with this. Yes, its a kewl concept but there are so many things that could cause this keyboard to be a flop.

The oil on the keys, the oleds and circuitary, power draw, weight. I mean come on.

I love the g-15 and the lcd screen. I love the backlit keys. I love the g-keys as well but I am really struggling to see how the heck oled keys make something better. I mean how much time do we really spend looking at the keys?

The blue backlight is a nice visual touch for me, I am not sure if I want a multi-color thinger on my desk.

5. Son Goku

Son Goku No lover of dogma

Mini-keyboard? Meh... My current keyboard is getting on in years (it's actually old enough to be PS/2 if that gives any idea on age). But still, for a desktop, a full sized keyboard is easier to manage. The keyboard on my friend's laptop, is easy enough for me to have a slight effort keeping my rather largish fingers on the right keys, and to be able to tell by feel, that my fingers have gotten to the right ones :eek:

Perhaps someone with dankly lil hands... I have large/fat fingers by comparison to some people... 3 additional keys doesn't sound that impressive either.

6. VenomXt

VenomXt Blame me for the RAZR's Folding Team

7. Aprox

Damn, that sure is a sexy little thing...... just to $$!!!

8. Aprox

People have started to recieve their 3 button "keyboards" in the mail. Here is a link to one such person.

http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1099406

I sure hope costs come down on the parts... In that thread I think someone speculated the cost per key which would put a standard 101 keyboard in the $5k range..... :speechless:

9. Brad

Brad Moderator Political User Folding Team

Ctrl + Alt + Del

10. lynchknot

lynchknot Moderator

Looks real nice and all but nothing beats my keyboard - especially if you type much

11. Aprox

haha, yeah I remember using that keyboard. Has that very satisfying "CLICK CLUNK" sound ever time you hit a key. heavy though...

12. lynchknot

lynchknot Moderator

I learned how to type on a typewritter. I cannot get used to the soft-touch keyboards - even though I've already worn out 3 of them (key letters not visible) I have yet to see a worn out IBM key.