Monitor Question

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by wingman411, Aug 13, 2003.

1. wingman411

wingman411 OSNN Senior Addict

North of Seattle
    At work I have a DELL 17" CRT monitor and a Voodoo 2000 16mb pci video card. The computer is a Dell 667 Demension.

The monitor's screen is dull, I mean, at all contrast levels and all brightness levels it looks crappy. The blacks are muddy looking. I want to know if there is a way to open it up and increase the brightness, colors and contrast from inside? Or is it just a crappy monitor.

I have a Future Poweer 19db05 monitor at home and it is great.
  2. jumpy

jumpy Guest

Have you had a look in the advanced display properties. Try and change the gamma or digital vibrance to see if it make any difference. Other than that, all I can think that the monitor is stuffed. Has it always had this problem?

BTW, don't go opening up your monitor, it's a good way to die. There are some very high voltages stored in there even after its been turned off for a while.
  3. Sazar

Sazar F@H - Is it in you? Staff Member Political User Folding Team

Between Austin and Tampa
    yah what jumpy cards have gamma/color settings you can play with...

and don't go opening your monitor... :)

I would hate to see you end up as a Darwin award candidate...

cheers :)
  4. Report that problem to your boss and he/she should be able to solve the problem for you (maybe he/she might get a new monitor for you).
  5. ming

ming OSNN Advanced

I had a Voodoo3 2000 16mb gfx card and to be honest with you, I had exactly the same experience you are having.
    I would recommend that you get a new gfx card if you want to see improvement to the colours.
    Monitors rarely play a significant part to dull colours unless they are nearing the end of their useful life.