Monitor Question

wingman411

OSNN Senior Addict
At work I have a DELL 17" CRT monitor and a Voodoo 2000 16mb pci video card. The computer is a Dell 667 Demension.

The monitor's screen is dull, I mean, at all contrast levels and all brightness levels it looks crappy. The blacks are muddy looking. I want to know if there is a way to open it up and increase the brightness, colors and contrast from inside? Or is it just a crappy monitor.

I have a Future Poweer 19db05 monitor at home and it is great.

Have you had a look in the advanced display properties. Try and change the gamma or digital vibrance to see if it make any difference. Other than that, all I can think that the monitor is stuffed. Has it always had this problem?

BTW, don't go opening up your monitor, it's a good way to die. There are some very high voltages stored in there even after its been turned off for a while.

yah what jumpy said...video cards have gamma/color settings you can play with...

and don't go opening your monitor... :)

I would hate to see you end up as a Darwin award candidate...

cheers :)

Report that problem to your boss and he/she should be able to solve the problem for you (maybe he/she might get a new monitor for you).

Originally posted by wingman411
At work I have a DELL 17" CRT monitor and a Voodoo 2000 16mb pci video card. The computer is a Dell 667 Demension.

The monitor's screen is dull, I mean, at all contrast levels and all brightness levels it looks crappy. The blacks are muddy looking. I want to know if there is a way to open it up and increase the brightness, colors and contrast from inside? Or is it just a crappy monitor.

I have a Future Poweer 19db05 monitor at home and it is great.

I had a Voodoo3 2000 16mb gfx card and to be honest with you, I had exactly the same experience you are having.
I would recommend that you get a new gfx card if you want to see improvement to the colours.
Monitors rarely play a significant part to dull colours unless they are nearing the end of their useful life.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back