Monitor Magnetization Help!

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Led2112, Mar 15, 2002.

1. Led2112

Led2112 Guest

I know this is not an XP question but I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice.
    I just purchased a refurbished dell 21" monitor. A few weeks after I got it, I noticed that the bottom left hand portion of the screen was magnetized. Since the speaker was right next to the area that was magnetized, I immediately thought it was the speaker. I moved it and degaussed, but the discoloration would go away for about one second after degauss, and then it would re-appear, also un-evening the screen. I put tin foil around that area and it seemed to take away the discoloration but it just re-appeared after a day. Please help me; I do not want to have to get another monitor! Thanks
  2. Qumahlin

Qumahlin Moderator

It could be possible the magnetic shielding in that area is weak, or such..or more unlikely that a small magent of some type is affecting the monitor from the inside.

But if degauss isn't working it means that either there is a current magnetic interference or that the field can't be re-aligned =/ sorry man, you might wanna call dell and ask if they have any ideas.
  3. Yodums

Yodums Guest

Check the whole area it may not be the speaker in general, I found that my TV does that from a 6-7 inches away from the monitor..
  4. Led2112

Led2112 Guest

No the Tv is across the room I put the speakers on the Floor for now I will keep trying things...thanks Guys