modem probs

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by sparky, May 15, 2002.

1. sparky

sparky OSNN Addict

ok guys heres the deal,i recently installed xp pro on a mates pc ,everything works fine except the modem,its a rockwell pci 56k v90 xp showed it as an ibm(does this mean that xp doesnt have drivers for it but has installed the nearest that it thinks is right)anyway he cant connect to the internet as aol (his isp says that it cannot detect the moden)ive downloaded generic xp drivers from the rockwell site and have them on a disk, if i install them on his computer and then go through device manager to update the driver,point it to where i installed the driver file to update it, do you guys think that will work ,will xp then recognise the rockwell modem

thanks sparky:confused:
  2. LazyJames

LazyJames OSNN Addict

I had the same problem when i first installed XP, i fixed it by the way you suggested, finding the newest drivers. Hopefully it will work for you to. But if it does not a third party driver might be a solution, although i would try the Rockwell ones first.
  3. Qumahlin

Qumahlin Moderator

yup sparky, just try what you said and it "should" work, if it doesnt the only other temp fix you can try is going through the different generic XP drivers.