modem disconnect

S

shush

just bought a new system and when i disconnect the modem it takes about a minute to happen
this is annoying as it locks everything up until it has disconnected
it is a creatix modem with wot looks like a network card attached
any ideas?

solved the problem it appears to only happen with ntlworld tried another isp (freeserve) and disconnects fine informed ntl world and they dont have any ideas oh well

modem with a network card attached, man that's a bit strange.

have you got the latest drivers for it?, what's the exact model number, there might be a known problem with the modem, and would be alot easier to find if we knew what the modem is.

the modem is a creatix v9xHAM1394v the system is a medion 2.0g p4
xp home
256ddr
gforce4mx460

all the drivers are up to date the modem is a bit wierd looking its in pci slot but has a meaty power lead and wot looks like a big battery on it nothing iv ever seen before......i think the motherboard which is medions own has an onboard networking card so i assumed all the extra stuff on the modem was related to that ?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back