Modem connects but no data transfers

R

Ront

Running win 98SE
Phone line ( 24000) avg.connect speed. I live in the WOODS
My modem will connect but all i get is "Page not found..Bla Bla Bla..." At the bottom of the page " Sever not found or DNS error'
I have reloded the drivers for the modem many times, reset my dial up networking for the ISP I use.
Danced in circles and took a few long walks.
What next

-edit-

you just need to post once in the appropriate area m8.. we will try and help you to the best of our ability...

if you feel you posted in the wrong area just let a mod know...

ta...

Sazar

the first thing that is usually asked is computer specs.. its a generic question but helps us understand the device you use and any problems you may be having... so if you could list your specs as well as details about your pci cards that will help...

:)

now..

did you have the same problems before or is it a recent occurance ?

if it is a recent occurance was there anything that you did that you can think of to your computer either in terms of hardware/software or both?

have you checked the cable itself to see if it is faulty?

Assumming it did connect (hissing, screeching followed by a note in the diap up window saying it has connected) it sounds like either the ISP's DHCP server has a problem (they should fix this in a day or less) or that you have to log in to your ISP.

If log in is required they should have provided special software for you to install and to use to dial into them.

Is this:
a new modem?
a new service?
new both?

I reformated the hard drive, it has been 5 years, and every thing is just fine.
Thanks guys

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back